Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all.

Thanks for the join. Looking

At buying a is220d in the next week. I've found a nice example but it does have Bluetooth or the satnav. I've seen people have parrot car systems fitted.

Is this something halfrauds can do and with it give me dab?

Cheers in advance

Gary

Ditto...Please do some(more) 'homework' before buying a DERV Lexus! 

IS220D was/is probably the most troublesome Lexus to date, please do some searching around 'here' and don't let problems like excessive smoking, overheating, and even head gasket failures be a surprise as the 220 diesel has got inherent problems that will cost big bucks to fix, the 200D does not seem to crop up here so much with owners posting engine problems but still I would (and have) choose a IS250.

Paul m.

22 hours ago, Texas said:

the 200D does not seem to crop up here

That is what I thought, IS200d does have somewhat improved reliability, it seems Lexus has updated head gasket and de-tuned it by 25hp/40Nm which helped to prevent problems found on IS220d. However, that said you still have all typical diesel problems DPFs, ERGs, Injectors, that strange manual gearbox Lexus used etc. So I think for most part IS200 is only better, because it is newer, but provided it is same age/mileage and been used for short trips in the city it will have all the same issues... less head gasket.

To answer question at hand... which I agree will be last of your worries on IS220d. I think the only way is to get new head unit with BT/DAB... in which case you better of to look for car without Sat-Nav (cheaper), because you will be ripping the unit out anyway.