Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Contacts Favourites Pictures

I can access my phone contacts from CONTACTS. Nothing extraordinary about that.

Some of my contacts are assigned as Favourites, and as such can be accessed directly from the FAVOURITES submenu. Again, pretty bog standard.

Some, but not all of my favourites have a picture/photo assigned to them, so that when I call them, or indeed receive a call from them, the photo/picture pops up.

Now, here is my question: None of the photos/pictures, except one, have anything to do with the contact themselves. When my wife calls / when I call her the pic of a Christmas wreath pops up, when son number 1 calls, a picture of a friend and his baby pops up, when son number 2 calls, picture of a New Forest scenery pops up, etc. For each contact, the photo/pic remains the same, but I cannot figure out where they came from and how to change or get rid of them. I certainly don't remember doing anything that would have associated these pics with my Favourites. Oddly, while all pics are familiar (places or people I know), I did not take some of them!

This "phenomenon" started 2-3 months ago, and while I found it odd, I ignored it thinking that I must have done something to trigger it, and that I would sort it out later. But now that I have looked into it, I can't figure out how it happened. Note that it did not coincide with the car going into the dealership, i.e. any software upgrade.

Any idea anyone!?

Thanks in advance.

(My Lexus is a NX300h F Sport, 2016. My phone is a LG V30)

Does not appear to be. Phone does have pictures associated with each of my Favourites, but these pictures are the correct ones and different to the ones displayed on the car screen.

On 6/4/2019 at 10:52 AM, Tel said:

Mine is a 2019 linked to an iPhone X but my Contacts have no fotos linked to them

Tel

I'm pleased for you, but that does not help me much! 😁😜

23 hours ago, Andmat said:

Sometimes when someone calls me, it displays an image that is set by the Google account on your phone. Maybe this is the reason ...

For a minute I thought you might have had it there. I have now checked my contacts in Google, but they show the correct photos. Back to square one. 😶

But sometimes someone who has a Google account sets his own avatar and displays it instead of a set of contacts. Me, the number of my wife is displayed on the Lexus display as an unknown, even though it is on the phone as a favorite 🙂

As the post above it is the phone that linking to your associated data not the car’s device

Tel