Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Firstly, hello to everyone!

Secondly, I picked up my LS400 over a week ago now, and despite previously being off the road for 2 years, it has surpassed my expectations.

It flew through it's first MOT for 2 years, is solid as a rock underneath, the Air Conditioning wasn't as cold as it should be, but a simple regass quickly solved that, and every switch, button and item does exactly what it should.

I've clocked up a couple of hundred miles in it in less than a week and I can feel it coming back to life.

BUT!!

At 2am this morning my wife woke me to say the alarm is going off (why does this never happen during the day?).

I went outside to find it beeping sporadically rather than actually going off.

Unlocked, started, turned off and locked.....still happening.

So, after doing this until 6am this morning, I went back out unlocked, started, moved, but this time locked via the key rather than the remote......all fine.

Decided to use it today just in case some damp had got in somewhere, and obviously once I was about 8 miles from home, it started doing it again whilst driving, only now the alarm sounds briefly inbetween the beeping too.

I've disconnected the Battery just in case it needed to be "reset" but it's still doing it. In fact, it done this the entire 10 miles back home and the only way to stop it has been to disconnect the Battery.

Please help!!!!

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the Club Paul, the best car ever methinks ................

if your car is a Mk3 then the solution is to turn down the dial that sits just under the centre console wood trim

After many years of your incessant problem, removing metal objects from this and that, the solution appears to be simple enough .....  but it took years to find this out

I didn't actually do it, my indy mechanic did it for me AND peace and tranquility reigns supreme  since :yahoo:

Malc

3 minutes ago, Malc said:

Welcome to the Club Paul, the best car ever methinks ................

if your car is a Mk3 then the solution is to turn down the dial that sits just under the centre console wood trim

After many years of your incessant problem, removing metal objects from this and that, the solution appears to be simple enough .....  but it took years to find this out

I didn't actually do it, my indy mechanic did it for me AND peace and tranquility reigns supreme  since :yahoo:

Malc

Hi Malc,

Thanks for the welcome, and yes, it seems like a great car!

As for being a Mk3, mine is the 1995-1997 Model (pre facelift) rather than the 1997-2000 Model, so I think it's a Mk2?

If it is a Mk3, do you know exactly where the dial is located, is it easy/obvious to see, or do you have to remove items/trim to find it?

I have to sort it out, as I think I prefer driving it over our modern daily so already have withdrawals.

yours is a Mk3 then for sure, no separate fog lights at the front bumper like the Mk1 and 2 and the Mk4 ...... 97 to end

exact location is seemingly where i said, I didn't do the job but my indy told me it was very simple but UNDER that wood trim at the centre console ....  I guess you've just got to be brave and very careful prising it up :whistling:

Good luck

Malc

Not sure if the series III 95-97 have physical door light switches but these have been the cause of sporadic alarms on earlier models as the contacts tarnish then the alarm thinks a door has been opened when the alarm is set.

Also ensure the sunroof, boot and bonnet are fully closed.