Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Snow, Snow, Snow & More Snow

Coullio

Up here in Aberdeen its the worst I have seen in a long time. I am very suprised by my IS200 Sport. If you take your time the car is very good in the snow. Well the snow is on again and that the 4 time this morning. How bad is the snow with you?

I am very suprised by my IS200 Sport. If you take your time the car is very good in the snow.

Hey Coullio, you must have a special model then! I too am in Aberdeen, and on my street (a cul-de-sac that's been gennerally ignored by the snow ploughs and gritters) the Lexus is a nightmare. All my neighbours with their front-wheel drive cars are having a right laugh everytime they see me go out as the car is sliding about all over the place. I also know that lots of others have commented on these forums in the past as to just how awful the IS is in snow and ice, so I know I'm not alone. And yes, I have tried the snow button - erm well it switches on a light on the dash that confirms to you that there's snow outside :lol: Other than that, I can't say it really improves the grip at all. I'm trying to avoid taking my IS out until the weather improves.

Dont get me wrong - I absolutely love my IS - it's just that it's crap on snow or ice!

And yes, I have tried the snow button - erm well it switches on a light on the dash that confirms to you that there's snow outside  Other than that, I can't say it really improves the grip at all. I'm trying to avoid taking my IS out until the weather improves.

Dont get me wrong - I absolutely love my IS - it's just that it's crap on snow or ice!

It's not the car it's the tyres and snow mode cannot improve grip. However it does reduce throttle response so you don't spin the wheels as easily.

The IS is excellent in the snow compared to the GS!

Tonns of snow here in Italy (Modena). Can't get out of my parking! And driving my IS (without snow tires or chains) is quite impossible! Sob, I've to wait another two days, driving my brother's Nissan March, which is FR.

crybaby: :driving::crybaby: