Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

OBD software that will interrogate the hybrid battery

As the title says, does anyone know of any reliable obd software for iOS that will allow me to interrogate the cells on a hybrid Battery?

I want to see what the individual voltages are on each cell as I believe I have one or two that are weakening my hybrid Battery currently.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

The best system to use is Techstream with a Mini VCI available from Ebay/ amazon for around £20. You will need a laptop with Windows XP or 7, 8, or 10. Make sure you order the VCI with the correct software for the Windows OS you have. Techstream is the system the dealer uses, and works with all Toyota, Lexus, and Scion cars with full system capability.

John

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jayw13702 said:

As the title says, does anyone know of any reliable obd software for iOS that will allow me to interrogate the cells on a hybrid battery?

I want to see what the individual voltages are on each cell as I believe I have one or two that are weakening my hybrid battery currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems very early for your car to be having Battery problems. I would not expect problems until the car is perhaps 15+ years old. Lexus do a hybrid check with each service that extends the guarantee by 1 year or 10,000 milies until the car is 15 years old. This hybrid check can be carried out without a service for around £60. It does not require Lexus service history to validate the guarantee extension, and is not millage restricted.

John

It seems very early for your car to be having battery problems. I would not expect problems until the car is perhaps 15+ years old. Lexus do a hybrid check with each service that extends the guarantee by 1 year or 10,000 milies until the car is 15 years old. This hybrid check can be carried out without a service for around £60. It does not require Lexus service history to validate the guarantee extension, and is not millage restricted.
John

Lexus have told me that because my car is being used as a taxi they will not warranty the car nor will they allow me to have a warranty via the health check.
The 3 previous Prius I have were welcomed by Toyota and there was never an issue with warranties even through they were taxis but Lexus are a different kettle of fish

I have cleaned out the fan assembly this afternoon and also the filter in the trunking, it ran for a while and now has the error message “check hybrid system”
I’ve been over all the connections, the fan is spinning and stops when the ignition is off. I can’t purge any trouble codes out of the car

The fuel consumption over the last few days has dropped through the floor and it feels very sluggish on the Battery, it is cycling from full charge to empty quite quickly as well.
I’ve checked the 12v Battery and that’s holding charge when under load.
The cars only done 107,000 miles that’s why I’m surprised it’s giving me issues

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

That sounds bad on behalf of Lexus.

Hopefully the problem will be a bad connection on one of the module link copper bars. In Techstream this would show up as both high, and low "depending if on charge or on load" Battery block voltages "the voltage of two modules paired", and also high internal resistance on that block.

John. 

Thanks for your help, im just trying to get a windows laptop now so I can download tech stream.

Its a shame Lexus are like they are, I was looking at trading the IS in later in the year for a GS300h but it doesn't look like that will happen now sadly, and there's nothing in the Toyota lineup currently that really floats my boat