Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Silver GS-F Spotted Guisborough

@Big Rat - Nice to see you're back 🙂

I think you need a new title - Grand Maester BigRat - Keeper of the 'F' knowledge 

It's a long way from basingstoke, perhaps it has new owner?

Anyway, thanks for the info

• Like 2

Does it have a negative impact on an engine? In the mid to late 80's I ran my Harley Davidson down drag strips at Long Marsden and Santa Pod 100's of times (still have my 12 second ticket from one run). Everyone said it was the sweetest running Evo engine they'd heard and I think that was because once properly warmed up giving it some beans did it good. Personally I think the standard of engineering and components on the V8 make such runs just part of it's working life. I guess I'd draw the line if it had been on it's roof.

The issue was for me, that if anything did go wrong, was it or could it be attributed to the cars former life, and would it have been covered by the warranty. There was videos online of the car doing donuts and burnouts.

Ignorance is bliss. 

Id rather not know, if I had bought it any little noise I’d worry about, and the dealers life would have been a living hell (a particular speciality of mine). There are always other cars, and the right one will come along sooner or later. So that’s what i did.

1 hour ago, Killysprint said:

The issue was for me, that if anything did go wrong, was it or could it be attributed to the cars former life, and would it have been covered by the warranty. There was videos online of the car doing donuts and burnouts.

Ignorance is bliss. 

Id rather not know, if I had bought it any little noise I’d worry about, and the dealers life would have been a living hell (a particular speciality of mine). There are always other cars, and the right one will come along sooner or later. So that’s what i did.

Fair enough point if that was the way it was used. My preparation for my bike bordered on fanatical with oil changes and thorough warming up prior to runs. I would say there was mechanical sympathy adhered to at all times.