Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finally managed it... Over 70mpg

I changed jobs just before Christmas, 36 Mile, country lanes, then mainly smart motorway and some road work zone.  This morning the traffic conditions must have been hybrid ideal as managed to break the 70 mpg barrier, just kept to the same speed as the trucks (even went past a few). Only added 5 mins onto my journey over normal.

Normal average speed is around 40mph, today it was 38!  

Quite impressive for a 2.5l petrol!

20190604_065448.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Warmer weather has made quite a big difference.  I did Southampton to Bristol last week - mixture of stop start traffic and fast motorway, air con on

IMG_20190522_170859.thumb.jpg.49c1c527c691ee6bd04aa3728155dda2.jpg

My usual commute is 14 miles, but mostly uphill on the way, down on the way back - usually just above 50 in the morning and 60+ in the afternoon

• Like 1

Really glad to see others are getting great mileage in their IS. I posted my recent fuel economy results in a previous post and in the warmer weather now I'm averaging over 55mpg after a full tank, which is extremely impressive. On some journeys, when the right conditions apply, I can often well over 60 too

Sad to say I'm not seeing such dramatic fuel consumption improvements in our NX in warmer weather. I find it much more difficult in general to get over 40mpg in the NX, something I've ranted about in the NX forum, that vehicle is a big disappointment engine wise 😞

ok, my car is new last week - 300h f sport.

did first proper run today - birmingham to manchester - so mainly m6 but some urban running also - drove sensible on way there - got 61mpg in sport mode and 53 on return journey - couldnt help myself with that creamy power delivery in sport :) , didnt drive like a loon but wasnt hanging about so im very happy - dare say i will improve on this as i learn how to get best use of EV to maintain speed. aircon on all the time.

23 hours ago, PaulWhitt20 said:

5774d2337a865941e3d737f2b335fd3c.jpg

Filled up then stuck in Q for 1/2 mile. Average speed 3 MPH.
emoji3525.png

thats .0051652893 gallons mate - approx cost 3p - not bad for 10 minutes relaxed driving 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Did Torquay to London today....
Cruise set at 75mph in the motorway, by the time I got to Hammersmith it was 63.3 and 66mph, the track through London dented it a bit, but still I’m impressed

c22d7ce94e20b9f60e5b3638254c42af.jpg
d34323e04f85d82ce1f01073301b7e11.jpg

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

This is about as good as I’m ever going to get it.....
Torquay to London (225 miles), 3 adults and air con on all the way
Even allowing for a 10% discrepancy that’s still 54mpg which I consider to be bloody excellent

e9547ee810a3527929ad6a56a5d66d3e.jpg

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk