Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ISF Drag Racing Tips

Hi,

I am going drag racing this weekend at santa pod. Its my first time and I am going with my uncle in his 2018 mustang 5.0, I am not 100% sure which HP model this is but I think it was before the update.

The cars post pretty similar times so should be a good contest, if either of us can get into the 12's we'll be happy.

Any tips both for a first timer and in getting the best out of the F? Launch technique, tyre pressures etc?

Thanks in advance!

Can try holding brake with left foot, and build some revs with accelerator as the christmas tree goes through its sequence. No delay for switching pedals, compared to if you were holing brake with right foot. Plus you've built some pressure up in the torque converter to launch quicker. In theory.

Had about 7 runs in total, quickest being a 13.4 @ 109mph

Interestingly had a passenger for a lot of them and the times were pretty much the same. I was actually getting quicker 1/8's with the passenger but a slower terminal speed by about 5mph, so they balanced each other out and traction issues are my biggest problem. If I could have combined the 1/8 times with the higher terminal I would have got pretty close to the elusive sub 13 second run I think.

Great fun and quite addictive, some stickier wider rears are probably the direction I will go for the next trip, and a bit more experiment with the launch and manual changes.

I beat the mustang every run but mainly down to better launch and reaction times, he managed to run a 13.3.

It was Jap fest on the sunday, saw a blue ISF running down the strip (also running a 13.4) if thats anyone on here?

• Like 1

Hi that was me,first time ever on a drag strip bit nervous to be honest ,did 4 runs 3 with large passenger  , first one solo no burnout left it in auto did 13.98 at 106 ,all the others were with passenger small burnout manual changes best was as you say 13.49 at 106 ,very addictive I really want to get into the twelves now.FB_IMG_1560354796443.thumb.jpg.2d6d69adf45715e71e47db831f779ab5.jpg

• Like 1