Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hks Exhaust System

Jock

Hi,

Subject to my previous post on this, I'm after an HKS Exhaust System for my 2000 IS200 Sport.

I have spoke to several LOC members about this, but there only seems to be waiting lists.

Where can I get one?

I'd love a HKS Super Drager II, but I suppose any HKS system will do.

Thanks in advance for your feedback :)

Apex'i 'Hybrid Megaphone'. Not quite as aggressive looking as the Hi-Power, the Megaphone uses a slash-cut tailpipe that exits perpendicular to the rear bumper. Tailpipe diameter is 115mm with a 60mm inlet. All Megaphone series exhausts are JASMA certified which means they pass stringent noise level tests. £375.00 + VAT

Pic

So basically, it looks like a HKS Hiper, but is a straight exit, and will sound similar, if slightly quieter.

Again, posted above, £375.00 + VAT.

(HKS/Apexi boxes for Lex arnt cheap)

If your on a budget, you may want to consider:

Peco BB4 (deeper tone, not too loud, approx 220)

Mongoose (Cat back system, approx 400)

I think I'll go for the Apex'i Box.

No point in doing anything by half measures.

My wife is gonna kill me :crying: :mat:

You may be able to get it cheaper if you import it yourself, but its a hassle, and your likely to get stung by customs. At least with TDi, all that has been taken care of already, and they can have it with you the next day..

Or you could talk to Alex (JDM_Guru), he might be able to source one for you.

now i was wondering something, the hks silent hi power has that little canister on the side, now i have come across these b4 in the motorbike world. And i was wondering if its possible to bypass/chop off the canister to give the hiper back its agressive noise. plus they are availiable????

I just think that apexi box just looks too standard and not performance style. im sure that there are performance gains but i also want the look!

As I have said before the Apexi N1 rear box I have is very similar to the HKS Hiper...only I think it's a little better...it fits the rear bumper more snug and is nice and sporty...exits the car at an angle too...take a look at the pic in my garage!

so is there anyone else here who thinks that if you cut off/blanked off that little silencer chamber then you would find that sexy hiper noise in there?

i believe its a resonance chamber or something. ohhhh i just had an idea??? a solanoid operated butterfly valve at the entrance to the chamber that could be remotely operated. silent for the old bill and the mot man then open to scare old ladies????? could be done me thinks.

I'd also be curious to know if The Don's idea will work. I was conned into buying me HKS Silent Hi-Power zorst. I was told they were louder than the standard muffler. THEY ARE NOT and I'M NOT HAPPY. I was thinking about buying a Hiper off Alex but if this idea will work I'll be well happy.

This time I want to setup a UK distribution point (any volunteers :) ), to make life more easier for me :) :) :)

I'll do the distribution for you if you want Alex. I've got a decent sized warehouse I can store and send them out from. PM if you are interested. Do I get one a bit cheaper then. :whistling::whistling: :winky: :winky:

:offtopic: Got the CF eyelids today. Cheers

Well im sure that a competant custom exhaust maker/fitter like powerflow may be willing to help you "experiment" or a local welding firm. wouldnt take too much to remove the item and if you did it clean enuf then it may be possible to weld it back on with a sleve?

betteris200silenthighpower.jpg

also from what i understand of the canisters role in life is to take out and equalise the pressure created by the pulses of the exhaust. as each pulse resonates at a set frequency. these canisters are designed to make that "noise" dissapear therefore quietening the note??

so by removing it the deeper untouched tone should come back

I'd also be curious to know if The Don's idea will work. I was conned into buying me HKS Silent Hi-Power zorst. I was told they were louder than the standard muffler. THEY ARE NOT and I'M NOT HAPPY. I was thinking about buying a Hiper off Alex but if this idea will work I'll be well happy.

I would just trade the SilentHiper with a normal Hiper, or sell the Silent Hiper and get a normal Hiper.

I could not resist not reacting on this mod, since I think it is a real wastage.