Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, I'm new to the club and I am hoping that someone here can help me out. I have a 2004 RX300 and my wife has a 2001 RX300. My wife's exhaust was blowing slightly and a mechanic checked it for us and welded one part but it is blowing quite badly now on the 'Y' shaped pipe that connects to the rear manifold. I am struggling to find one either new or second hand and we can't just scrap the car, it is a lovely beast! Can anyone suggest anything please?

Have a look at this topic here and if Cybox on the Wirral is too far for you to travel, I'm sure you'll be able to find a company closer to you who'll do it

• Like 1

Thanks for that, unfortunately the section I need contains a pre-cat and he quoted me around £3500 for that, the exhaust that is on that car shown is everything from the section I need backwards but not including mine!.............Sod's law lol!

Sorry, must have had a brain fart because I completely missed that!

I can tell it'll be expensive because it says 'Price on request' but have you looked here

Alternatively, looking at the screengrab from the workshop manual below, the 'Y' shaped piece has flanges at all ends so as long as the cat itself is OK you should be able to get a 'Y' piece made up at somewhere like https://www.tonybanks.co.uk/ in Leeds for a reasonable cost.

cat.thumb.png.bb578daacd1b14ed90baffa1a621b4dd.png

• Like 2

I had a similar issue with mine a few years back but it was the front straight pipe before the Y-section that was leaking.  Ended up using this site (everyone bookmark it for future reference) to find the part number and bought eBay's cheapest version at the time:

http://www.japan-parts.eu/lexus/eu/2002/rx300/mcu15r-awpgkw/3_521210_002_/tool-engine-fuel/1702_exhaust-pipe

Looks like 17410-20410 is the one you are describing and it's mega money due to the incorporated catalytic convertor.  Weighs in at just under £600 even via Amayama.  I'd be looking at either a secondhand one from a breaker or going the custom route with a fabricator to make a whole system for that kind of money.

Hope that helps,

Jay 

• Like 1

I had continuous problems with the Engine warning lights telling me that fuel/emissions/timing/CAT's, you name it were faulty. After about a year of these issues, I heard a blow in the exhaust and on inspection found three pin holes right next top the sensors in the exhaust pipe.

We have a tyre and exhaust depot near us and they made up a complete system from the down pipes to rear including silencers and CAT's for under £800. all in S/S and it sounds great, nice and quiet.

All done no more issues with warning lights and a long life exhaust - job sorted.

Might be worth asking the question and one of your local exhaust chaps.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links