Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fixing a Mark Levinson Speaker or replace

Hi I have just got a 2007 RX350 with Sat Nav and ML sound system.  The passenger side door speaker vibrates badly when anything bassy is played.  My question is I see that the foam sometimes goes brittle and new foam can be brought but the only place I can see that sells them for ML speakers are in Australia via eBay, I live in the UK. Has anybody ever tried fixing the foam on speakers over here and if so where did you get the replacement foam from in the UK.

Other option is to replace the front speakers which are apparently 8ohm and quite difficult to find.  Has anybody got any recommendation of speakers that will replace the ML ones in the door.

An 8 ohm speaker is an 8 ohm speaker.

Of course, because it's ML it may have oxygen-free, gold and platinum wires that have been extricated from the mane of a purple unicorn that's only found on Mars, but other than that, so as long as you can find one that physically fits, you'll be fine.

However, make sure that your existing one is 8 ohms or at least be sure to match whatever it is, because an impedance mismatch is where things can go horribly wrong.

If you don't want to do that then just order the foam from Oz.

Thanks Cruisermark so am I right in thinking that you just used the sealant and not new foam surrounds, as I'm having trouble finding new foam surrounds for front door ML speaker