Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 300h Premium Nav

Alan Clark

Hi,

I have had my 2018 NX for just over 12 months now and I find the "Premium" navigation system absolutely terrible. The worst I have experienced and not what I would expect from a premium brand. It's so complicated with menu after menu of unknown symbols. What really grinds my gears is the traffic avoidance. Day after day it does not re-route for an alternative clear road. I travel the same way to and from work every day and have the sat nav set to automatically select home and work between certain times of the week day. My route involves driving on the M56 and coming off or joining at the M6 interchange. I can join at either end and as soon as I go around the bend the motorway is stopped by an accident or breakdown, 3 lanes stopped. And before I enter the M56 there are alternative routes available. In fact I can go over the M56 before I join and physically see it stopped, yet the system does not offer an alternative route. I often take the alternative route myself and the system re-calculates. So there are obviously alternative routes which are clear and quicker, yet it lets me join the traffic jam. I have just about had enough of it. I often use Google Maps on my phone, which clearly knows the traffic jams and gives alternative quicker routes. I have asked my dealer for assistance in case I have not got it set up properly, but they don't seem to know the system as its fairly new.

Not impressed! Wasting my time sitting stationary on a motorway when there are a number of clear alternative routes. I could count on one hand the number of occasions it has given me an alternative route. However, the number of times it has not provided a traffic jam route alternative must be at least 50 times.

The WIFI function is also useless. While sitting outside my house and connected with a full WIFI signal showing, nothing is available. What point is the WIFI?

56 minutes ago, Alan Clark said:

Hi,

I have had my 2018 NX for just over 12 months now and I find the "Premium" navigation system absolutely terrible. The worst I have experienced and not what I would expect from a premium brand. It's so complicated with menu after menu of unknown symbols. What really grinds my gears is the traffic avoidance. Day after day it does not re-route for an alternative clear road. I travel the same way to and from work every day and have the sat nav set to automatically select home and work between certain times of the week day. My route involves driving on the M56 and coming off or joining at the M6 interchange. I can join at either end and as soon as I go around the bend the motorway is stopped by an accident or breakdown, 3 lanes stopped. And before I enter the M56 there are alternative routes available. In fact I can go over the M56 before I join and physically see it stopped, yet the system does not offer an alternative route. I often take the alternative route myself and the system re-calculates. So there are obviously alternative routes which are clear and quicker, yet it lets me join the traffic jam. I have just about had enough of it. I often use Google Maps on my phone, which clearly knows the traffic jams and gives alternative quicker routes. I have asked my dealer for assistance in case I have not got it set up properly, but they don't seem to know the system as its fairly new.

Not impressed! Wasting my time sitting stationary on a motorway when there are a number of clear alternative routes. I could count on one hand the number of occasions it has given me an alternative route. However, the number of times it has not provided a traffic jam route alternative must be at least 50 times.

The WIFI function is also useless. While sitting outside my house and connected with a full WIFI signal showing, nothing is available. What point is the WIFI?

I have a mifi mobile wifi unit in the centre arm rest and use a three mobile 12gb pre loaded 4g sim and lasts for 12 mths. I have no issues with wifi and if using sat nalways have it switched on.  I have found no issues with re routing but perhaps I been lucky and not in same situation as yourself.

I have had mine for 2 years and rarely use it. I rely on my TomTom which always picks up jams and reroutes. I use the Lexus nav for the heads up display but it rarely gives the same route as the TomTom and often tells me to turn around when convenient after the TomTom has found an alternative route due to traffic. I to asked Lexus if it was set up correctly and used my phone Wi-fi but still no traffic reroute. The best I get is in 5 miles there is slow traffic which I have yet to ever see. It has never suggested an alternative route. However twice it has directed me to the correct postcode when the TomTom failed. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for replies.

Recently my sat nav has started permanent purple dashed routes! Its routes which I have done in the past. Any ideas how to get rid? Thanks.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links