Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Toyota crown

Chasdad

As there's no crown thread i thought id post on here.

As of thursday im the owner of a very white toyota crown 1jz. No the long wait for it to arrive from japan

Screenshot_20190606-105347_Messenger.jpg

• Like 3

Theres a few about but not many.

Apparently theyre quite easily tuned and the engine and drivetrain is reliable to 350-400bhp in stock form

Im not sure about mods yet. See if i get bored of the 280 its got as standard 

If i dont use the roon of the estate i may get a soarer or maybe a saloon crown 1jz. Have you had the cambelt done.  

Im wondering how much itll be

• Like 1

Cambelt on these is easy compared to the Toyota V8s. I had mine done and the VVTi solenoid, filter and cam gear and front seal and cam cover seals at the same time for a full 60k mile service. VVTi cam gear starts leaking after a while.

I love the Soarer so it gets a lot of preventative maintenance. While it was opened up thought may as well do as much as possible. Import all my Toyota OEM stuff from Amayama. Great parts catalogue, great service and great prices.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi John

Wondering why no one has mentioned the Toyota Crown Majesta as a possibly slightly more up to date shape than the Celsior.

Been looking at them but don't think anyone on this forum has been interested. Perhaps Toyota forum but only seen an Oz forum for the cars. 

Same drive train as the LS430 but styling perhaps a bit more modern after 2003.

Some mention of towing capacity may need clarification, though I don't understand why.

One of the defects however is that the Dashboards on these cars seem to have suffered from cracking due to the heat in Japan last year and they all show cracks in the main top part and the glovebox.  Am assuming that this is not owing to mechanics needing to pull the console out to do a repair on the Air con system?    Antelope wood styling quite interesting.

Would insurance be a problem in the Uk where Car virtually unknown?

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Chasdad said:

Its a 2.5 turbo. 1jz. 280bhp give or take.

85k miles. Will be staying in kms though.

Rwd auto .tiptronic

Cost about 4500 ish

20190606_224802.jpg

20190802_162017.jpg

20190606_224324.jpg

20190606_224405.jpg

20190815_155241.jpg

Wow, thanks John.

I often wondered why Lexus (Toyota) did not make a large Estate, similar to the Merc E Class and now I know that they did.

Enjoy.

These are leagues ahead of merc. 

Engine is the supra engine. Easily and reliably tunable to 400bhp on the stock engine. One of the best engines ever made. 

Ive not driven it yet but my importer said it goes well

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chasdad said:

These are leagues ahead of merc. 

Engine is the supra engine. Easily and reliably tunable to 400bhp on the stock engine. One of the best engines ever made. 

Ive not driven it yet but my importer said it goes well

Thanks John,

Please keep us all updated on your use of it. MPG, Maintenance, Instrument reading (if in Japanese) etc.