Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Toyota crown

Chasdad

I remember from long back, maybe 15 or more years. On my garage forecourt we almost had a  used Toyota Camry 3 ltr estate for sale

WOW that was a fantastic car, big, spacious, sleek and fast and powerful ...  beautiful looking too

But we couldn't do the deal to buy it sadly

Malc

59 minutes ago, Malc said:

I remember from long back, maybe 15 or more years. On my garage forecourt we almost had a  used Toyota Camry 3 ltr estate for sale

WOW that was a fantastic car, big, spacious, sleek and fast and powerful ...  beautiful looking too

But we couldn't do the deal to buy it sadly

Malc

We had a Camry as a rental car in Canada about 15 years ago, it was every bit as smooth and comfortable as an LS, just superb.

57 minutes ago, Chasdad said:

Its certainly pretty big. Got the oscillating vents like the 430 too. Got leather seat covers on but theyll be coming off as soon a its registered and useable 

Is it as big as an E class estate?  What's under the leather covers?  

On 8/16/2019 at 9:16 PM, Chasdad said:

I had e60 bmw touring before and its bigger. Creamy beige type velour . Not looked at condition yet. Hope theres no nasty suprises

When will you be getting behind the wheel?

Wont be for a few weeks yet. Waiting for reg and im away for two weeks. 

Just removed leather seat covers. 

The cloth is a sort of soft suede on outer edges of the seat. Reallt comfy and pretty mint

Really beginingt o wish id gone for a saloon now though 

They look really good.  I agree with Phil, most non leather car seats can be a bit naff so why don't we have nice options like the Japanese!  I've just chauffered a couple of people in mine and they were raving about the comfort of the seats.  I'm so glad my Celsior didn't come with leather!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

They look really good.  I agree with Phil, most non leather car seats can be a bit naff so why don't we have nice options like the Japanese!  I've just chauffered a couple of people in mine and they were raving about the comfort of the seats.  I'm so glad my Celsior didn't come with leather!

Lexus probably does the nicest leather. But cloth is much nicer 

31 minutes ago, Chasdad said:

Lexus probably does the nicest leather. But cloth is much nicer 

I agree. It'll be nice to see yours in the flesh sometime, I'll let you know if I'm heading to Essex sometime.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The-Acre said:

I like the MX5 but when I went for a ride in a friend's I had trouble getting back being so low!

Be even worse in this.  Its got kevlar recaros in it. I could get 2 crowns for the price too

7 hours ago, Chasdad said:

Be even worse in this.  Its got kevlar recaros in it. I could get 2 crowns for the price too

No, I'd be stuck in that until someone with a crane came along!

One of my friends (he did a lot of importing back in the hey day) was heavily into MX5's and he brought one of those in for himself.  Really nice spec but it didn't last long until he decided to supercharge it.  Thing was a weapon after that!  They were rare back then so a good one must be worth a few dollars nowadays.

Would still rather have ECTO-1 though 😄

2 hours ago, Jaystar77 said:

One of my friends (he did a lot of importing back in the hey day) was heavily into MX5's and he brought one of those in for himself.  Really nice spec but it didn't last long until he decided to supercharge it.  Thing was a weapon after that!  They were rare back then so a good one must be worth a few dollars nowadays.

Would still rather have ECTO-1 though 😄

Thats what my sons calling it. It may not be staying. The wifes not keen

• Like 1