Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

UX Tyres

Have  test driven both variants of the UX. The UX Takumi had Bridgestone tyres which we found to be quite noisey. The UX f-sport Takumi had Dunlop tyres which we found to be extremely quiet. Any UX owners experienced tyre noise?

The Bridgestones are all weather while the Dunlops are normal Summer tyres. Could account for the difference as the tread patterns are vastly different.

I have Dunlops on my Takumi and they are very quiet.

John

On 6/6/2019 at 6:03 PM, John Hutton said:

The Bridgestones are all weather while the Dunlops are normal Summer tyres. Could account for the difference as the tread patterns are vastly different.

I have Dunlops on my Takumi and they are very quiet.

John

Thank you John for your response.

• 1 year later...

Mine has the bridgestones and there's definitely a lot of tyre noise on rough surfaces. I wouldn't say that the wet grip is anything to write home about either, but then my previous cars have all had much softer/grippier tyres.

Nick

Mine came with the Bridgestone,s its an all weather tyre i believe. The Dunlops are a bit softer i heard somewhere. I also heard that they put the Dunlops on when leaving the factory for spring summer deliveries. Which i cant subscribe to as my Vehicle was built 1st March and it had the Bridgestone,s on. Built in March purchased in September.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Las Palmas, I'm thinking that sort of thing would be good. That way I can also legally and safely drive to Germany etc. in winter without worrying about a little bit of snow!

That being said, the alternative would be a second set of wheels and swapping something more wintery on during the colder months while leaving me free to put on some sticker, sportier rubber for the summer months...

Nick