Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Please can someone help me basically the lead that goes from the sat navigation unit which controls the rear view camera and air conditioning, which connects to the stereo.

The yellow and brown leads have snapped off inside what’s called a wire harness which is 12 pin which the leads both go in too.

any ideas where I can get that harness from?

eBay, or more likely a scrappy, though you might have to buy the entire unit with it!!

it is worth asking a Lexus Dealer for a price....you might be surprised. Have you got the part number?

lastly, can you get an auto electrician to fix the harness? Worth asking as Lexus harness are usually well made....

• Like 1

The wires have snapped off in the wiring harness?  Or at the 12 pin plug it's self? Obviously you've taken the radio out so if the wires have snapped at the 12 pin plug then you'll be able to get a plug and re attach the wires one by one. You can also get the small brass pins that go into the plastic plug. Just look on eBay for the plug and brass/copper pin inserts. 

On 6/6/2019 at 1:30 PM, Wallis72 said:

any ideas where I can get that harness from?

You don't need a full harness - you'd have to sell a kidney for that  😜

If you really mean that the wires have snapped off INSIDE the harness you may be able to open the harness up and get enough slack to joint the wires back together using either traditional crimp-type connectors or solder-type heatshrink sleeves. If you can't get enough slack, simply use a spare bit of wire as a strap. Info on how to use solder sleeves here:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=automobile+heat+shrink+connectors

If, as I suspect, you mean that the wires have come out of the plug, get some new brass inserts to crimp on the ends of the wire and push into the plug after removing original brass terminal (if it's still there).

A photo of what you're looking at would help a lot.

• Like 1