Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have just had my alloy wheels refinished by a company called "Wheelfurb", and an excellent job they made of them. What is perhaps more remarkable is there prices. Wheels up to, and including 18 inch finished in standard colors with bare rims supplied to them is £100 + VAT for 4 wheels. They will remove, and refit tyres with balance for £35 extra. Turn around is 3 working days, but this can be reduced to one day at extra cost.

You can also leave your car with them for the work to be carried out, and they also have some wheels with tyres "depending on size" as loan wheels to keep you on the move.

Diamond cut wheels are charged extra for the machining process. The finish is guaranteed for 12 months "excluding diamond cut wheels, and obvious curbing type damage". They have workshops in Dudley, Kidderminster, Wolverhampton, and Tamworth.

I have no connection with this company other than having work done on my GS450H wheels shown below. The first picture is the before shot, but this does not rely show how bad the worming, and corrosion  was.

John.

P_20190522_104705.jpg

P_20190605_140100.jpg

P_20190605_140112.jpg

P_20190605_140133.jpg

P_20190605_140147.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Wow, they look really nice now.

That's by far the cheapest refurb prices I've seen, especially for a full tyre off job.  Let me see where my nearest outlet is...

Did you keep the TPMS valves in and let them handle their removal/refitting?  Fingers crossed they were swapped over without any issues.

What colour did you opt for, as near to stock as possible?

8 minutes ago, Farqui said:

Wow, they look really nice now.

That's by far the cheapest refurb prices I've seen, especially for a full tyre off job.  Let me see where my nearest outlet is...

Did you keep the TPMS valves in and let them handle their removal/refitting?  Fingers crossed they were swapped over without any issues.

I removed the plastic wheel spokes, but left the TPMS sensors for them to remove. I did however spray the valve nuts with WD40 a for week or so before, and loosed them before taking in the wheels. 

I would think Tamworth would be your nearest workshop.

John.

I've had to re-read the price several times, I hope they've done a good job and it lasts. 

Heck at that price, I'd have it done annually and not wash 'em in between!

Locally I'd been quote £50 a wheel, un-seen and that's for a blow over with the tyre eased back.  I didn't follow up.

I only see 3 refurb'd alloys in the pictures, so is your GS really a Reliant Robin in disguise? :w00t:

Yeah, Tamworth is nearest for moi.

• Like 1

As said in my post they do guarantee the work for 12 months.
The reason only three wheels are shown is that after removing the wheels from the oven they were not happy with the finish of one wheel so the completely redid the work on that wheel, and it was put back in the oven. 

I paid the grand sum of £156 for the work. £100 plus £20 VAT plus £35 for tyre removal refitting, and balance.

Color wise I went for one of there standard colors close to the OEM finish.

John.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Farqui said:

I've had to re-read the price several times, I hope they've done a good job and it lasts. 

Heck at that price, I'd have it done annually and not wash 'em in between!

Locally I'd been quote £50 a wheel, un-seen and that's for a blow over with the tyre eased back.  I didn't follow up.

I only see 3 refurb'd alloys in the pictures, so is your GS really a Reliant Robin in disguise? :w00t:

Yeah, Tamworth is nearest for moi.

Ironic is it not? You mentioning the Reliant Robin, and finding out your nearest branch is at Tamworth the home of Reliant. 

John. 

On 6/6/2019 at 3:41 PM, Britprius said:

"Wheelfurb", and an excellent job they made of them

is this including acid dip and  Powder coating  ?

Thanks

Malc

On 6/8/2019 at 9:33 AM, Malc said:

brilliant  thank you

Tamworth seems to be one day turnaround etc

now, how can I get that time to get there ok !

Malc

I strongly suggest you book an appointment with them as you can imagine they get very busy. For a one day service you would need to be there for 9.00 am and not to expect to leave before 5.00 pm.

Although the prices a good being realistic it may not be cost effective traveling up from Kent.

John.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi John @Britprius, how are you doing?

How are are your alloys holding up after their refurb?

I have a TPMS sensor failure and I'm very tempted to take my car over to Wheel Furb for them to repair/recode my wheels.

Did you opt for powder coat or paint/factory finish?

Many Thanks, Lee

4 minutes ago, Farqui said:

I have a TPMS sensor failure and I'm very tempted to take my car over to Wheel Furb for them to repair/recode my wheels.

Many Thanks, Lee

Someone should tell him 😕

7 minutes ago, Farqui said:

Many Thanks, Lee

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Lee but Britprius (John Bloor) passed away earlier this year. There's a topic about it but I can't remember what it's called now.

• Sad 1