Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS 300h Second hand

Hi all,

I've had a quick look through the forum and found some very useful information; I'm looking at buying an IS300h second hand, but I'm a little worried about buying a hybrid car with miles on the clock (my budget is realistically in the area of +80k). Having the hybrid engine/battery is a bit of an unknown quantity and I just wanted to set my mind at rest really.

I understand that any car with such miles will have wear and tear issues, but I'd really appreciate any advice from owners with similar mileage cars if possible.

Thank you very much

Rob

My 2014 300h has now covered 107000 miles, 50k of that in the last 13 months.

At 80k I would say you shouldn’t be encountering any issues, the drive should be nice and smooth, no bangs or clonks and the interior should still be looking very fresh.
Generally the bodywork should be in very good condition, however expect the front bumper to have taken a battering, mine looks pebble dashed and has done from about 60k.

As far as longevity is concerned I would say don’t worry. I have seen Toyota hybrids with over 300k on them and they are still running all their original major components, my oldest Prius is now 15 years old with 330000 miles on it and is still on its original hybrid Battery. Given that the technology for the 300h has come from the Prius I think that’s a pretty good benchmark.

By this time next year I expect mine to be at about 160,000/170,000 miles and by then I would have replaced the shock absorbers and changed the transmission fluid and all the antifreezes as well as a couple of diff oil changes as well, however my expectations are that it will still be giving me late 40’s to the gallon and still pull like a train.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

As above. 80k miles is nothing for the is300h But don't just buy the first one you see. Would this be your first hybrid car? If so then test drive lots of them. I couldn't get to grips with my 1st one but my 2nd one was truly fabulous. It was the CVT that I didn't like as I came from 25 years of manual gearbox but after a year of an automatic gearbox the CVT was wonderful. Test drive lots and check that the car has a full service history and hybrid health check  (which should be done with each yearly service). Once you get one you won't be disappointed. Wish I still had mine.

I'm just coming up to 170K with no major issues, in fact the only repairs outside of servicing / consumables have been a bonnet latch, and an auto wiper sensor

• Like 1

I'm just coming up to 170K with no major issues, in fact the only repairs outside of servicing / consumables have been a bonnet latch, and an auto wiper sensor

What year is yours?

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk