Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bike rack availability

Anyone found a bike rack for the UX? I don’t want to go to expense of fitting a tow bar or buying roof rails for occasional trips out with my bikes.

Thule haven’t got one available yet to fit on boot so wondered if anybody had found a suitable bike rack for the UX

regards

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

This seems to be an issue with the UX... I can't find a solution.  I have an e-bike and I'm not the tallest there's NO WAY I can lift it onto the roof, but I was quoted £2000 by Guildford Lexus for a towbar and rack to fit.  They also warned me not to go to a non Lexus dealer to fit the towbar as it might invalidate the warranty(around the hybrid battery).  So atm I'm stuck!  If I had realised when I bought the car the difficulty getting my bike on board I might have thought twice!

It gets worse...if you check the specs on most roof-rack-based bike-racks, the weight limit is less than even a light e-bike. I think my dealer quoted me over £1,000 for the tow hitch, I hadn't looked at prices of rear-mount bike racks yet.

Will a bicycle fit inside the UX? I've squeezed bikes into some pretty small cars in the past, so it might be doable...!

Nick

11 minutes ago, EvilRacer329 said:

It gets worse...if you check the specs on most roof-rack-based bike-racks, the weight limit is less than even a light e-bike. I think my dealer quoted me over £1,000 for the tow hitch, I hadn't looked at prices of rear-mount bike racks yet.

Will a bicycle fit inside the UX? I've squeezed bikes into some pretty small cars in the past, so it might be doable...!

Nick

Yes, whilst the load capacity for the rails is around 80 Kg, the bike carrier itself is probably only 20 Kgs.

I'm sure with the front wheel off it would fit inside with the rear seats down.