Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Potential RCF purchase

7 minutes ago, Comedian said:

Stoplock pro elite fits

Sent from my BV5800 using Tapatalk

Cheers Comedian. I’m hoping I can fit her in the garage, I may need to sleep in it, but I’m clearing out the garage to find out 😅

I will still get the Stoplock for public car parks etc.

Mine would fit in garage if I could lower the garage onto it. Won't fit through the hole at the front. :(

27 minutes ago, Comedian said:

Mine would fit in garage if I could lower the garage onto it. Won't fit through the hole at the front. 😞

Lol

ultimately I can’t see it fitting in ours either, modern garages are next to useless. I had to clear the garage anyway, that’s my excuse.

Ok so the garage is roughly 2260mm at its narrowest (waste down pipe one side and electrical conduit on the opposite) the RCF is 1845 mm mirrors folded, 2070 mirrors extended, so just under 4 inches clearance either side with mirrors out (Ish). It’s tight, I’ll offer it up once and wimp out I think 😂

My Dad had a garage than did not have much clearance each side. He build a sliding door on the side so he could get out of the car when he had squeezed it in. It was timber though not brick.

John

2 hours ago, V8ORBUST said:

Ok so the garage is roughly 2260mm at its narrowest (waste down pipe one side and electrical conduit on the opposite) the RCF is 1845 mm mirrors folded, 2070 mirrors extended, so just under 4 inches clearance either side with mirrors out (Ish). It’s tight, I’ll offer it up once and wimp out I think 😂

It will fit. My garage is also 2260mm at the narrowest point and 2460mm once clear of the down pipes. You’ll need to fold the mirrors and have a waistline less than 32inchs though!😂

9 hours ago, Bluethunder said:

It will fit. My garage is also 2260mm at the narrowest point and 2460mm once clear of the down pipes. You’ll need to fold the mirrors and have a waistline less than 32inchs though!😂

32” Well that’s me buggered 😂

3 hours ago, Comedian said:

The door shut line doesn't help. Its behind the seat!

Seriously, that is not going to help things. I guess I could get out through the sun roof or through the ski hatch 😂

Wait for fridays post, anyone recommend a good body shop for door re sprays 🤣

So the beast is finally home! Delighted so far, the Quicksilver is immense, thanks to all who have commented on it, possibly one of the best purchases I’ve  ever made and makes her sound just as I imagined my dream V8 sounding.

I was surprised just how supportive the seats are, they are excellent.

I know the media bang on about the infotainment, i have so far found it dead easy to use. Ok not quite as slick as idrive, but perfectly useable and the Mark Levinson is fantastic (to my untrained ear).

Ive just reversed into the garage and she will go in without any real drama, I couldn’t reverse all the way in as I’ve not cleared it fully. However, getting out is going to have to take some imagination, if it’s possible at all.

Thanks for all your comments and guidance, I truly feel I’ve made the correct decision. 

Oh and 36.7mpg on my run on the way back, to be fair I always sit at 70, no point risking it nowadays.. way too many cameras waiting to take your picture. I did however put her in manual, sport + and enjoy the power a few times 😈

• Like 4

Excellent news, I found as time passed I liked the car even more something I'd only experienced in my M5 back in the 80"s.

I've not really had any problems with the infotainment system sounds as good as you can get in a car.

Quicksilver essential for N/A V8 lovers.

• Like 2

Thanks for the update @V8ORBUST. These last two posts have just upped my excitement level - I've ordered the Quicksilver, but they didn't have any on the shelf so it'll be a couple of weeks before it is manufactured. Can't wait! 

• Like 2

I'm picking my RCF up in a few days, as soon as they have finished prepping it. Though I think I am definitely going to keep the exhaust standard, I suspect it's going to attract enough attention as it is without waking my neighbours up every morning.

2 hours ago, JonP said:

I'm picking my RCF up in a few days, as soon as they have finished prepping it. Though I think I am definitely going to keep the exhaust standard, I suspect it's going to attract enough attention as it is without waking my neighbours up every morning.

Any details of colour etc?

9 minutes ago, JonP said:

It’s white with a couple of black bits. 

I assume it’s the one at Sytner Nottingham, I believe it used to be one of our forum members car. Looks very nice indeed if it is.

5 hours ago, Comedian said:

Lovely car.

And we can do all the police car jokes all over again 😄

Please.... please..... no 😂

It is a lovely car - no doubt. Pretty much immaculate. 

OK,  now I'm curious, the REAR bumper?? How fast was he going in reverse??

Having just been to Leeds, I have come to the conclusion that it's auditioning for a job as a taxi, they are all white with a black bonnet....

Also, I'm not getting the car until next week cos the existing tyres are worn and they couldn't a new set in time to fit them yesterday. Someone obviously did do something to cause a bit of accelerated wear....