Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Potential RCF purchase

32 minutes ago, JonP said:

Also, I'm not getting the car until next week cos the existing tyres are worn and they couldn't a new set in time to fit them yesterday. Someone obviously did do something to cause a bit of accelerated wear.... 

As @Comedian has previously stated the tyre issue will most definitely be “flat spots” or “perishing” of the side walls. I doubt your car has been any harder accelerated forwards as it has backwards in its well documented “garage movements” 😂😂😂......enjoy her 👍🏻 

I have been ensuring the traction control works today and the closest I can liken the driving experience to is a Corvette Stingray I hired in the states a couple of years ago. You can almost see the nose raise under hard acceleration, LOVE it 😍

Growing to hate speed limits even more, she’s just starting to open up when...... oh no foot on brake time.

She will be getting detailed and ceramic coated next month, one too many Rat like foot prints in the lacquer @Big Rat 🤣

It would appear the bonnet attracts stone chips, not surprised given the size. Ceramic won’t help, too late for PPF, but I will have to do something at some stage to calm my OCD 😅

Everyone loves the seats and plenty of room for my wife and daughter inside which is great.

I am well and truly loving her, almost having to come up with excuses to go out and drive! She appears to be quite a bit more economical than my 05 RX300 which would have been my daily drive had I gone with plan a and not bought a new car to replace my Alfa.

• Like 4

OK,  now I'm curious, the REAR bumper?? How fast was he going in reverse??
Having just been to Leeds, I have come to the conclusion that it's auditioning for a job as a taxi, they are all white with a black bonnet....
Bit vague. The idea was the fly's crashed into the back due to speed difference. But I guess its not funny when explained. Or just not funny full stop :D

Sent from my BV5800 using Tapatalk

On 6/22/2019 at 6:16 PM, V8ORBUST said:

I have been ensuring the traction control works today and the closest I can liken the driving experience to is a Corvette Stingray I hired in the states a couple of years ago. You can almost see the nose raise under hard acceleration, LOVE it 😍

Growing to hate speed limits even more, she’s just starting to open up when...... oh no foot on brake time.

She will be getting detailed and ceramic coated next month, one too many Rat like foot prints in the lacquer @Big Rat 🤣

It would appear the bonnet attracts stone chips, not surprised given the size. Ceramic won’t help, too late for PPF, but I will have to do something at some stage to calm my OCD 😅

Everyone loves the seats and plenty of room for my wife and daughter inside which is great.

I am well and truly loving her, almost having to come up with excuses to go out and drive! She appears to be quite a bit more economical than my 05 RX300 which would have been my daily drive had I gone with plan a and not bought a new car to replace my Alfa.

That's the thing with black cars though isn't it, they look fabulous once all the swirls have been done and a good wax polish. I've had two black cars and one weekend a long time ago I set to work on my RX7. With a Meguiars DA polisher and three bottles of Maguiars Ultimate Finish I managed to get it nearly perfect. I then followed it with some Pinnacle Souveran wax it went on like butter and came off with little work. I then entered it into our local Jap Car Club event and won the shiniest car award piston, enclosed is a photo of it that I've kept since 2009.

IMG_0438.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, B1RMA said:

That's the thing with black cars though isn't it, they look fabulous once all the swirls have been done and a good wax polish. I've had two black cars and one weekend a long time ago I set to work on my RX7. With a Meguiars DA polisher and three bottles of Maguiars Ultimate Finish I managed to get it nearly perfect. I then followed it with some Pinnacle Souveran wax it went on like butter and came off with little work. I then entered it into our local Jap Car Club event and won the shiniest car award piston, enclosed is a photo of it that I've kept since 2009.

IMG_0438.jpg

Black cars are a nightmare to stay on top of cleaning wise, but when they are at their best, they take a lot of beating! My 6 series was black, it showed every damn scratch going, none of my own doing I hasten to add, it’s the joy of airport car parks!

• 3 weeks later...

Concerned about security? This is the Lexus Approved Faraday pouch.

https://www.lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/parts/lexus-rc-f/lexus-rc-f-2014-onwards/lexus-rc-f-accessories/lexus-faraday-wallet/

Order today and have your pouch delivered to your door. Protect your Lexus!

I’m not proud, but I managed to do Nottingham to Gatwick airport return (360 miles ish) on 3/4’s of a tank 😂

Very impressive economy when needed! It’s only around 7mpg worse than my 2.0 Alfa and is quite a bit better than my wife’s XC60 T5.

I did find myself finding an excuse to pull off into the services, only to accelerate down the slip road again 😍

Installed my dash cam properly yesterday, was pretty easy to conceal the power chord. Much neater than having wires dangling everywhere.

It seems to be quite popular as well, quite a few positive comments from neighbours, colleagues etc 

So far I’m enjoying F ownership 😀