Recommended Posts

@V8ORBUST

Congratulations ! Yes she was mine and great car that I miss 🙁

I still have the exhaust here picked it up a couple of days ago if you want to chat about it contact @Womble72 Paul and he will give you my number and so on, I’m quite happy to take it back to Cheltenham for you it’s only about an hour from me.

The  is fully endorsed by Lexus UK as long as it’s fitted by a Lexus dealer. New they are just under £2.5k here it is being fitted to ‘your ‘car last April.....

4115E204-45AF-4F11-BF5F-1DA8AEE4B2B2.thumb.jpeg.6ba1089b60d8c536764c4cd7f3b3b83c.jpegFD639202-5016-4877-8244-E2C302A72E2A.thumb.jpeg.7ed84907a96381c0ac431f31212a15d6.jpeg1D83A040-11D8-40BF-9150-6ECE591D1D16.thumb.jpeg.e040a3bab0527e2157f78a024d325db6.jpegDA490A27-4061-4E23-91E9-3FB3FC902D5B.thumb.jpeg.d760a121ad7e9b808623f18d37aa40be.jpeg7C4B72E5-0E71-4047-A149-251E6396C258.thumb.jpeg.11ddc67603a959755d74c763497f4845.jpegB520FD01-6B50-4F5A-86F5-2641C8A8B915.thumb.jpeg.579f116f40d4e85c18160a6a5027da1c.jpegBF7828F3-1C54-4740-A94D-5C8E601BA111.thumb.jpeg.52f02a177f039a7503834dda9a723dea.jpeg

If your wondering the wheels powder coated Semi Matt black by Lexus the original callipers had a paint issue and Lexus agreed to replace them and all and the pads £5.5k 😳They are the GsF colour but are the same part number it’s just the paint code that differs.

Paul 🐀

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

16 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@V8ORBUST

Congratulations ! Yes she was mine and great car that I miss 🙁

I still have the exhaust here picked it up a couple of days ago if you want to chat about it contact @Womble72 Paul and he will give you my number and so on, I’m quite happy to take it back to Cheltenham for you it’s only about an hour from me.

The  is fully endorsed by Lexus UK as long as it’s fitted by a Lexus dealer. New they are just under £2.5k here it is being fitted to ‘your ‘car last April.....

4115E204-45AF-4F11-BF5F-1DA8AEE4B2B2.thumb.jpeg.6ba1089b60d8c536764c4cd7f3b3b83c.jpegFD639202-5016-4877-8244-E2C302A72E2A.thumb.jpeg.7ed84907a96381c0ac431f31212a15d6.jpeg1D83A040-11D8-40BF-9150-6ECE591D1D16.thumb.jpeg.e040a3bab0527e2157f78a024d325db6.jpegDA490A27-4061-4E23-91E9-3FB3FC902D5B.thumb.jpeg.d760a121ad7e9b808623f18d37aa40be.jpeg7C4B72E5-0E71-4047-A149-251E6396C258.thumb.jpeg.11ddc67603a959755d74c763497f4845.jpegB520FD01-6B50-4F5A-86F5-2641C8A8B915.thumb.jpeg.579f116f40d4e85c18160a6a5027da1c.jpegBF7828F3-1C54-4740-A94D-5C8E601BA111.thumb.jpeg.52f02a177f039a7503834dda9a723dea.jpeg

If your wondering the wheels powder coated Semi Matt black by Lexus the original callipers had a paint issue and Lexus agreed to replace them and all and the pads £5.5k 😳They are the GsF colour but are the same part number it’s just the paint code that differs.

Paul 🐀

 

Great pics! 😃

Paul, if it’s any consolation, she will be loved by me and will want for nothing.

I would love to do the exhaust, but just concerned about Lexus finance not liking it. I’ve heard horror stories of finance companies threatening to repossess cars as They've come to hear about their cars being modified 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@V8ORBUST No probs you must do what you’re comfortable with, you may want to clarify if your using a Toyota finance it’s not an issue I did !

You enjoy her if you want more pics just ask 👍

🐀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@V8ORBUST No probs you must do what you’re comfortable with, you may want to clarify if your using a Toyota finance it’s not an issue I did !

You enjoy her if you want more pics just ask 👍

🐀

That’s interesting, I’d assumed I was with Toyota finance, not sure now, but I’ve contacted the dealer to confirm. That’s great to know Toyota allow it!

Did the exhaust make much difference to your insurance?

Just to clarify from your post, the callipers and wheels were painted post factory by Lexus? It’s just so I can tell the insurance company.

Sorry for all the questions Big Rat.

 

UPDATE, The finance is through Lexus financial services.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep that’s correct the insurance for the wheels and exhaust was zero extra, same finance used.

All worked on by Lexus Cheltenham 

🐀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

Yep that’s correct the insurance for the wheels and exhaust was zero extra, same finance used.

All worked on by Lexus Cheltenham 

🐀

That’s great to know. It does sound exactly what I’m looking for from the videos I’ve seen. If I get my finance payments waived on my current car I’d be sorely tempted! 😍

its nice to know that it’s a quiet burble on the motorway, I spend a lot of time on there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@V8ORBUST No probs matey he will fill you in.......metaphorically speaking 😁

🐀

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Big Rat said:

@V8ORBUST No probs matey he will fill you in.......metaphorically speaking 😁

🐀

Consider me filled 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2019 at 7:03 PM, V8ORBUST said:

Lol I do enough of that at work 😅

 

Was that on the Michelin’s? 

Yes; the Pilot Super Sports

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MNMJ said:

Yes; the Pilot Super Sports

They do make superb tyres imho 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgot to ask, servicing is going to have to be a dealer stamp. I know she’s just had a service and MOT, but do they really have to go in every 5000 miles? For me that’s 3 services a year (almost) doh 😣

I normally investigate more thoroughly before buying a car.

I was planning to sign up for a service plan, is that what most people do? I’m sure the lad I spoke to said it was around £1700 for 3 services.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10000

My super spurts lasted 25k loads of tread left but hard and sidewalls cracking, now got ps4s and ride and turn in is better.

Sent from my BV5800 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Comedian said:

10000

My super spurts lasted 25k loads of tread left but hard and sidewalls cracking, now got ps4s and ride and turn in is better.

Sent from my BV5800 using Tapatalk
 

10000 miles, that’s much more like it! Is it 5k state side?

They seem to do well in terms of tyre wear!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, V8ORBUST said:

Forgot to ask, servicing is going to have to be a dealer stamp. I know she’s just had a service and MOT, but do they really have to go in every 5000 miles? For me that’s 3 services a year (almost) doh 😣

I normally investigate more thoroughly before buying a car.

I was planning to sign up for a service plan, is that what most people do? I’m sure the lad I spoke to said it was around £1700 for 3 services.

10,000 or annual, no it doesn’t have to be Lexus, has to be a VAT reputable garage using only genuine Lexus parts. Near me there “Westerfield Motors” which are Lexus specialist and Lexus Woodford now of them very well as our “service conversation” went very quiet when the recall was carried out last year. I personally am NOT a main-dealer fan as I’ve had issues in the past with previous so called “full dealer history cars”. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Womble72 said:

10,000 or annual, no it doesn’t have to be Lexus, has to be a VAT reputable garage using only genuine Lexus parts. Near me there “Westerfield Motors” which are Lexus specialist and Lexus Woodford now of them very well as our “service conversation” went very quiet when the recall was carried out last year. I personally am NOT a main-dealer fan as I’ve had issues in the past with previous so called “full dealer history cars”. 

I’m thinking about keeping it under warranty, hence the dealer stamp. Lexus Nottingham have been 1st class with my dad for years now and my nearest Toyota independent is 1hr 20 mins away. Had I gone C63, Merc has two good independent centres here which I would have not hesitated to use.

Do Lexus pretty much always have the 2 4 1 warranty deal running? If so, it gives me a year to consider my options.

Your help is invaluable guys, I would say pics coming soon, but I think you’ve probably seen enough of this particular RC F 😅

I’d have to wrap it some mental colour, drop it and put on a flying wing to make it worthwhile posting photos 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, V8ORBUST said:

10000 miles, that’s much more like it! Is it 5k state side?

They seem to do well in terms of tyre wear!

 

Hmmm. I must drive in a little more ‘spirited’ way than that - my rear tyres lasted 11,000 miles (But then I have also only averaged 19.6mpg in the 14,000 miles of driving so far). The fronts are fine though (!).

As for the 2 for 1, it was available last May when I got mine. And it was still available this year when I was in the dealer for the service so I guess so (my dealer chucked in the two year warranty as part of my purchase). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tomRCFcarbon said:

Hmmm. I must drive in a little more ‘spirited’ way than that - my rear tyres lasted 11,000 miles (But then I have also only averaged 19.6mpg in the 14,000 miles of driving so far). The fronts are fine though (!).

As for the 2 for 1, it was available last May when I got mine. And it was still available this year when I was in the dealer for the service so I guess so (my dealer chucked in the two year warranty as part of my purchase). 

Yeah I tried to get my dealer to do that, nothing doing 😕

I’m going to hold fire on picking up the extra warranty and potentially stick a quicksilver on her. I can’t do both right now, I’m in too deep 🤑

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 2 for 1 warranty offer has been around for forever. An invitation to purchase is always part of the bumpf/paperwork whenever I've collected my car again after any visits to the dealer.

Good luck with the purchase

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, V8ORBUST said:

Do Lexus pretty much always have the 2 4 1 warranty deal running? If so, it gives me a year to consider my options.

I've been using it since 2013, so as long as I've needed it

I'm on PS4s now as well. I'm not a good enough driver to notice any difference. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have experience of using a steering wheel lock on the RC F? Just thinking about theft deterrents. Got myself some key pouches, so hopefully that’s one issue addressed, my German Shepard is starving and on standby, is a steering wheel lock worthwhile? The Stoplock pro elite fitting guide doesn’t mention RC compatibility.

cheers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, V8ORBUST said:

Does anyone have experience of using a steering wheel lock on the RC F? Just thinking about theft deterrents. Got myself some key pouches, so hopefully that’s one issue addressed, my German Shepard is starving and on standby, is a steering wheel lock worthwhile? The Stoplock pro elite fitting guide doesn’t mention RC compatibility.

cheers 

Might be worth a visit to Halfords to see if they fit, then buy it on-line

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, B1RMA said:

Might be worth a visit to Halfords to see if they fit, then buy it on-line

Good point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 11:09 PM, ISF V8 JAY said:

RCF all the way!!! Scrap the idea of the stang! I used to work for ford! And I shall say no more!

On my 2nd ISF now, best car I’ve driven by far, just need exhaust to let the evil that lays beneath that V8.

Potentially looking into getting a RCF Soon!

anyone got a non standard ISF exhaust for sale please? 

 

I dont think I've ever seen a 2nd hand aftermarket exhaust for an ISF offered for sale to be honest.  I did speak to Quicksliver earlier this year about an exhaust for my ISF and at present they don't do one, and are too busy with other stuff to develop one. Shame as I would be in the market for one.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Does anyone have experience of using a steering wheel lock on the RC F? Just thinking about theft deterrents. Got myself some key pouches, so hopefully that’s one issue addressed, my German Shepard is starving and on standby, is a steering wheel lock worthwhile? The Stoplock pro elite fitting guide doesn’t mention RC compatibility.
cheers 
Stoplock pro elite fits

Sent from my BV5800 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.