Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Loud exhaust - fine thorugh noise camera

I used to enjoy waking up to the sound of my neighbours R8 V10 starting up in the morning.

They’re trying to take away all our fun. Honestly, don’t people have anything better to do than moan?

As has been said there are far more important things to pursue that require the much needed money this pointless exercise will take, having said that the targets are far easier to capture and require very little brain power to achieve results so it will be deemed a success.

Audi R8 V10 or ISF/GSF/LC/LFA is one thing, but a 15yr old clapped out motorbike with an open pipe is another🤐 

The move has been welcomed by some motoring organisations !

Since 2016 DB level for new cars is 74 decibels. Not sure if this applies to motorbikes - have you heard a Harley or Ducati with loud pipes !

I like some motorbikes. My favourite is Ducatti Diavel. Doesn't matter if got upgdraded exhaust or not. This bike is something special and I like it as much as ISF. Some fast superbike screamer that is not my cuppa... Apples or oranges. All we have own taste. All this new type of camera, how they want to introduce it and reasons behind it are just wrong... Just like tax for cars. Instead pay tax as a part of petrol price per liter we have to stick to stupid rules about emission. They want to kill true petrolheads. Kill the joy of pure driving. I am dissapointed that government is spending my tax money for something some like that. They should try to solve true problems.

5 hours ago, Charliecloud said:

Audi R8 V10 or ISF/GSF/LC/LFA is one thing, but a 15yr old clapped out motorbike with an open pipe is another🤐 

The move has been welcomed by some motoring organisations !

Since 2016 DB level for new cars is 74 decibels. Not sure if this applies to motorbikes - have you heard a Harley or Ducati with loud pipes !

I agree.  We live on a road that has become something of a rat run, and the constant noise from tweaked small engined bikes, straight through Harleys and "modified" car exhausts has become a real issue, plus the latest craze of having a car backfire like a circus clowns car. Maybe those who think it's a waste of time should consider those who live in such areas.

Agree with @Comedian but this is a Failing Grayling plan so doubtful it would ever get off the ground.  and don't start me how many years not to leave the EU yet. I wouldn't trust this government to run a bath, and 2 more months now to decide who becomes chief fiddler of Rome while nothing else gets done. Ahhhhh.

On the other hand I used to feel sorry for my neighbours when I used to arrive home in the early hours from my girlfriends in my TVR and reverse it up the drive.  Ah happy days.

Antisocial noise pest, I haven't changed then. :yahoo:

I must admit I do get @@@@@@ off with the annoying scooter rider on their wasp!.....I’d much rather hear a burble than a fart in a can!......I’ve had a SS system fitted and it’s a nice burble like a V8 should sound, I’ve a pair of Akrapovic end cans on my bike, again making the bike sound as it should, I love a neighbours Harley when it fires up BUT I’m also in a cul-de-sac and at the very bottom so drive byes aren’t an issue thankfully......at the end of the day it’s another money spinner for our illustrious leaders to screw the motorists AGAIN!......I didn’t realise until recently that the ANPR will only pick up vehicles of police interest that have been entered on to its database. So pretty pointless as there is no tax, mot, insurance shared information 🙄