Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Window go,s up but

On my ls200 the drivers window go,s up And as soon as it gets to the top it go’s down half way and stops I’ve put a new sets of switches but still the same I don’t no where to go with it now So could do with sum help please Point me where to go now. 

Thank you for all your help when I get it jason

Hopefully a reset should sort it as it appears that the window mechanism thinks it is lower than it actually is and when getting to the top it ‘thinks’ there is an obstruction and backs up.

reset instructions for you model will be in manual.

paul m

Thanks for getting back to me. I don’t think there is a reset for the IS 200  I was going to look at the relay Could it be that not switching off. I’ve check that there no  obstruction in the running I just don’t no. It starting to p... me off I think it because I can’t fix’s it 

But I  do appreciate all the help and good  advice that I’ve got 

Thank you JASon rye 

Went to Youtube and typed in search box "Lexus IS200 window reset" (without the quotes) and the first in the list is this one. If this video doesn't work for you there are dozens and dozens more here https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Lexus+IS200+window+reset

Well I  tried this reset windows.  Weather I’m doing it wrong. It Didn't make a  difference. It’s just the driver one I’ve got a problem with. It go,s up and the only way I can get it to stay up. Is holding the  switch Up for 4 to 5  seconds.  Maybe a bit longer. If I don’t do that it will come back down  halfway and stops.  I’ve tried putting the window all the way down holding it, for five seconds 10 seconds.  Then took the window all the way to the top.I’ve held it for about five seconds 10  seconds but still no change  apart from ****** me off. I’ve  try doing it with all 4 windows  one by one. And it’s still ****** me off  writing this. Lol  bloody windows.. Has  anyone done this reset on a is200 with  any success? Maybe it’s me not doing it right... But I can’t see that somehow.. It’s not a hard thing to do  you would think. Lol Could it be something different? And if so what and where should I look now... Help  would be much appreciated  Thanks for the  replies it’s much appreciated  Let’s get this  fixed please... JASON

I had similar issues many moons ago when I was designing the IS200 the auto closure on alarm set. I was putting pressure on the windows and all sorts of things which eventually caused this.

Sounds like the pulse switch is slightly off. This causes the window to go too high and the current sensor kicks in and lowers the window.

If it has, the only way around it is to pop the motor off and manually reset it by powering on and lowering until the motor stops, then re-install with the window at its lowest point. After that, do the window reset procedure. I'm afraid I don't have any destructions on how to do it but it's not as daunting as it looks when you take the card card off.

Reset doesn't work now as the procedure is only if it counter is off very slightly, not by a large margin.