Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Altezza dash problem

Hi guys hate my first post being a problem one but own a 1999 altezza and today on way home it's developed an issue. Was perfect this morning but now the fuel gauge is Showing empty, the temp gauge doesn't work, the outside temp is Show ing E and the auto gear indicator is dead. Any idea where to start looking?

Sounds electrical so as a starting point I'd check for tightness of Battery clamps. Even if tight, take them off and clean both the clamps and the Battery terminals.

Next, disconnect, clean and reconnect the other ends of the Battery leads, and both ends of the body earth strap and engine earth strap.

Hopefully that'll sort it but if not, see if any OBD2 codes are present and let us know what they are.

Has the windscreen been replaced?

This used to happen on the is200 and was water ingress into the fusebox (think it was passenger side but could be wrong). Check both sides and feel around the back. Re-seat the connectors to the fusebox.

12 hours ago, Geoffers said:

Has the windscreen been replaced?

This used to happen on the is200 and was water ingress into the fusebox (think it was passenger side but could be wrong). Check both sides and feel around the back. Re-seat the connectors to the fusebox.

Good call that man. Unplugged connectors clean up with wd40 and all is well. Car gas original screen but did feel damp behind the fuse box 

• Like 2