Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Approved Used Car - Maximum Warranty Length

2 hours ago, rayaans said:

In that case, maybe an IS or NX would make more sense? Bear in mind the NX is almost as big as the third gen RX?

Is300h fine. NX unless it's a late one is very much marmite in respect of both seat and ride comfort. I wanted an NX until I drove it and my back was agony and the ride was so harsh . There is someone on this forum with a 2019 NX who is bitterly regretting buying it because of the seats. My understanding from people who own NX is that mpg is poor, hardly if any better than gen3 RX. My app tells me that since October (when I Changed phone) my average mpg over 16750 miles has been  32.99 mpg.  Since the weather warmed in April getting 34.+mpg.  I normally change cars every year or sooner, but my RX is so good I'm going to hang onto it for a while. 

@Cabcurtains If considering the extended warranty (I would given the miles you will be covering) it might also be worth talking to your friendly dealer about a service plan. This will spread the cost of servicing over interest-free monthly payments that will be inflation-proof and include a discount (I think it works out 10% - 15% cheaper).

On 6/18/2019 at 9:01 PM, olliesgrandad said:

Is300h fine. NX unless it's a late one is very much marmite in respect of both seat and ride comfort. I wanted an NX until I drove it and my back was agony and the ride was so harsh . There is someone on this forum with a 2019 NX who is bitterly regretting buying it because of the seats. My understanding from people who own NX is that mpg is poor, hardly if any better than gen3 RX. My app tells me that since October (when I Changed phone) my average mpg over 16750 miles has been  32.99 mpg.  Since the weather warmed in April getting 34.+mpg.  I normally change cars every year or sooner, but my RX is so good I'm going to hang onto it for a while. 

For a balanced view, my current NX (F-Sport) is the first car I have owned in which I have not experienced any back pain (I used to get pain the coccyx area with both our previous RX400h and RX450h after a couple of hours, which I don't get with the NX). My advice is that, should you go for an NX, you pick one that has adjustable lumbar support.

42 minutes ago, DanD said:

For a balanced view, my current NX (F-Sport) is the first car I have owned in which I have not experienced any back pain (I used to get pain the coccyx area with both our previous RX400h and RX450h after a couple of hours, which I don't get with the NX). My advice is that, should you go for an NX, you pick one that has adjustable lumbar support.

I think you are spot on. I also think it is important to drive the individual car you are considering. In the 80s I had a Golf GTI. 

My father ordered a golf GX which ostensibly had the same seats. Unfortunately VW had 2 supplier's for seat foam and whilst mine were great his were like sitting on rocks! 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links