Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

@Alfalfa

Today's update:

After some more perusing of the wiring schematic I pulled my dome light assembly apart (pic).

There is a lot of copper covering tracks so it's a bit difficult to follow the circuits.

I then checked the 'R5' connector and the lines shown (in the second pic) are ignition switched (not 'accesory' switched like the cigarette lighter socket.

White/Black trace = Ground

Green = +Ignition.

I haven't yet found anywhere useful that they appear on the dome light PCB and it seems somewhat crude (OCD prevents it!) to just solder wires to the back of the connector!

Really need some suitable crimps for the housing as both Ignition and ground are looped out on adjacent pins.

Will update further when I decide what to do next.

Andrew

Dome Light Connector.jpg

Dome Light Guts.jpg

EI was a little dissapointed in the beginning and thought why could'nt Lexus put in a sunglass holder in every on, its a luxury car isnt it? But after this treads discovering my thinking is that cars without alarm get sunglass compartment (alarm is an option) but maybe there are versions with both missing.

can i ask you to send me your finding if you do the work with the pins?

You do a fantastic work with pictures, marking the wires and effort. Lucky that you dropped in to my first tread in Lexus forum.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Billnick said:

How do you get the dome light assembly down off the roof?

I posted a clip from the service manual in (I think) post # 17 and a description a couple of posts later, but basically just use a thin blade like a penknife blade in the rear edge of the flush panel (which is toward the front of the dome light assembly) which hinges down and inside there are two screws to remove and then two trim clips at the rearmost corners. Ideally removed with a forked trim clip tool but easily unpopped with fingers. Simply ease it down and undo the multi plug.

Andrew