Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New RC F owner

JMAX1888

Good evening everyone. Just picked up my 2015 RC F today. Driven back to Glasgow from Birmingham today and managed an almost economical 34mpg sitting about 80 ish. Coming from a 2015 WRX STI it's on a totally different level. Fabulous car. 

I'll post some photos once it's had a good detail. Last owner must have washed it with a wire brush. 

Cheers James 

• Like 2

Welcome to the club, I pick my up RC F on Thursday, can’t wait! 34 mpg on a run sounds good! I’m going to need that given my drive to work 😅

Come join us in the F owners forum, the waters warm, although it will probably make you want to swap off the factory exhaust! I’ve arranged for an aftermarket one to be fitted by the dealer prior to pick up 😁

Cheers mate. I've been lurking on here for a while and noticed you fitted a quicksilver exhaust. To be honest I thought it would be the first thing I would do as well, but I'm more than happy with the noise and I've just sold a WRX STI which was LOUD. 

I'll never see those mpg figures again, the wife was with me so I was semi sensible. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JMAX1888 said:

Cheers mate. I've been lurking on here for a while and noticed you fitted a quicksilver exhaust. To be honest I thought it would be the first thing I would do as well, but I'm more than happy with the noise and I've just sold a WRX STI which was LOUD. 

I'll never see those mpg figures again, the wife was with me so I was semi sensible. 

Both my brother in law and my best mate had Scoobies, cracking cars to be fair. I always quite liked the WRX STi spec d, wolf in sheep’s clothing!

Did you get the blue one which was advertised down that way?

Just now, JMAX1888 said:

They're great cars. I've had 4 of them but found the latest model my least favourite. Yeah the blue one at Sytner Warwick. 

Funny thing, I called on the day you had your offer accepted 😂

looks a nice one!

Oh that was lucky 😂. There is not many too choose from. Looked good in photos and when I picked it up, as it was overcast. Sun was shining when I got it home and needs a good detail. Too many swirl marks for me but it has 4 new pilot sports, refurbished alloys and they sent it for a service at lexus before I bought it so can't really complain. 

9 minutes ago, JMAX1888 said:

Oh that was lucky 😂. There is not many too choose from. Looked good in photos and when I picked it up, as it was overcast. Sun was shining when I got it home and needs a good detail. Too many swirl marks for me but it has 4 new pilot sports, refurbished alloys and they sent it for a service at lexus before I bought it so can't really complain. 

They seem to have a nice selection of cars there, so I’m not surprised they sent it to Lexus for a service. Great tyres on as well! 

I was sat for a few days thinking, I really want an RCF, but ...... 

So glad I managed to get my hands on one and a decent one at that, well @Big Ratis a bit of a legend on here and it was his baby, so I’m sure it’s top notch! First time I’ve purchased a car without seeing it, Berger mind driving it!

I must admit I love the Azure blue you’ve got, that was the colour I started off wanting, but velvet black looks pretty damn mean as well.

Will probably get mine detailed as well, as and when I can find some cash 😂

Your car looks great. Calipers really set it off. That's one thing I might change in future. Can't understand why they give the GS F that colour and not ours. Black or blue are the best colours for this car imo. 

• Like 1