Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• 1 month later...

I am assuming you also have the usual crunching/clicking sound from your top mounts from lock to lock.

Unfortunately, I am in the same boat. There was a guy advertising on eBay that you could send your strut to and he would strip and rebuild with new bearings for £70 each plus p&p but I've just gone to find his advert tonight and it has disappeared!

Unfortunately, the top mount is part of the shock/airbag assy and cannot be purchased separately. Your options are:

1. Hunt this guy down on eBay, I'm personally going to give it a couple of weeks and see if his advert reappears.

2. Replace the front air strut assembly's. These are very expensive though at over £800 each.

3. Remove the air suspension from the car and fit standard springs and shocks. Bear in mind that you will also need to buy the top mounts, shims, dust covers etc.

4. (my favourite if I can't get the originals repaired) fit a full set of street/track BC Racing coilovers. These kits can be found online for approximately £750 and are fully height and ride adjustable!

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I’ve had top mounts done mate , by a guy called Brian , the top mounts do come off the top of air strut ,so once removed you can send them to him and he’ll have them back within two to three days , I stripped them down myself it’s not a hard job , 

• Like 1

Fantastic! Is Brian the guy who was advertising on eBay??

How is the vehicle now they've been done??

Have you got any cont details for him as mine are getting desperate?!?!?! [emoji12][emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

No probs , the car is completely different no creaking or nocking , smooth and easy lock to lock , when you take the dust cap off the top of strut there’s a 14mm not that connects air pipe to strut , then if you look right down you’ll see a 19 mm nut ( you need a long 19 mm socket) you need to soak it with wd40 and take your time to work it when undoing it cause if you snap it the struts no good, then disconnect strut at bottom and the mount will come away, while the mounts were away I cleaned the domes off and put jb weld 5020 all over them to help protect them 

• Like 1

@Mylexrx Mike, did you get my last message, sent on the 18th?

Did it work, or if not, what's actually happening when you click on the link? Can you press the 'Prt Scrn' button to do a screenshot and let me see?

Hi herbie , my laptop has gone caput and I was trying it on my phone so that’s probably why it won’t download mate , I’m not to clued up with tech 😁

2 hours ago, Mylexrx said:

Hi herbie , my laptop has gone caput and I was trying it on my phone so that’s probably why it won’t download mate , I’m not to clued up with tech 😁

Ah right. It should still download but you won't be able to use it on your phone, just a Windows computer.