Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Time to change my Xenon HID Bulbs

I noticed one of my headlights is not working so it seems it's time to change the bulbs. As far as I know, I'm still using the original factory fitted units so they're well over 10 years old now.

I've had a look round and almost ordered some Osram Nightbreakers but there was such a difference in price between the OSRAM/Philips and the generic types that I was having a hard time justifying the expense. Main difference seemed to be the warranty but I can replace the cheaper one's several times for the price of a set of OSRAM's

So I ended up ordering these 

http://www.lunextechnology.co.uk/index.php/category0/76/d4s-lunex-premium-6000k-xenon-detail.html

So we'll see how they pan out and I'll post my experience and thoughts once I've received and fitted them.

• Like 1

I went for Osram, I believe with some discount they were £46 instead of normal £80, so no that much different from generic brands. As well considering how difficult it is to get to the bulbs I would rather spend few £ more (or over long term the same) and save myself few hours of taking out air boxes and washer fluid fillers. If original bulbs are anything to go by lasted 10 years as well... now I still have 7+ years of worry free lights. As well Nightbreakers made massive difference at first - I had to check few times I am not running main beam.

• Like 1

A few hours? 😜 I changed mine last year and it took maybe an hour in total from start to finish, including giving the air filter and MAF a clean whilst the engine covers were off.

I also went with Osram bulbs. Cool Blue Intense though, not Nightbreakers. Was about £90 for both packs.

Headlights-01.thumb.jpg.5ccff9722c60295f0a635b6fc7690137.jpg

• Like 1

Well they arrived today, so quick service from the seller. Less than £30 delivered for the pair. Will probably be the weekend before I get round to fitting them

IMG_20190618_230001.thumb.jpg.3515d93ab83cf08dfbc84e966a779518.jpg

@J Henderson The HB3 bulbs are a lot cheaper than the D4S. Single generics are less than a fiver. 

@Linas.P Original spec OSRAM's run about £35 each while the Nightbreakers et all are over £100 for a pair. There might be occasional deals to be had but typically not when I need them.

Still we'll see how we get on when I fit them

• Like 2

20 hours ago, J Henderson said:

A few hours? 😜 I changed mine last year and it took maybe an hour in total from start to finish, including giving the air filter and MAF a clean whilst the engine covers were off.

I also went with Osram bulbs. Cool Blue Intense though, not Nightbreakers. Was about £90 for both packs.

Headlights-01.thumb.jpg.5ccff9722c60295f0a635b6fc7690137.jpg

I have the Osram Cool Blue d4s in mine. Fitted them about 2-3 years back and jolly good they were too. I kept the old ones in my spares box that goes in the boot on Continental trips.

Oh .... and they’re still going strong.

21 hours ago, J Henderson said:

A few hours? 😜 

That did include refilling fluids, vacuuming the air filter, changing parking and main beam... and other stuff which seems logical once under the bonnet. You right - if you just go for it, have done it before, have all the tools ready... it is probably 15 min each.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links