Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all

just joined the site as I've recently bought a 1998 LS400. It's my first Lexus and I can't believe how much car you get for the money. It has full service history with a recent cambelt change. For good measure I've changed the plugs and the fuel filter. It drives beautifully and has plenty of power on tap. I've also clay barred the car followed by a polish then a wax. The car is absolutely mint both in condition and colour. Looking forward to picking up some tips and hints here. Thanks 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mo- said:

Thanks, will be uploading some pictures once the rain stops.

Not sure we can wait that long!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well here are the pictures, sorry not the best quality...it's too sunny today for my camera!!

small white lie about mint condition....there is some pitting on the black windshield surround which I will get resprayed!!

IMG_0732.JPG

IMG_0733.JPG

IMG_0734.JPG

IMG_0735.JPG

IMG_0736.JPG

IMG_0737.JPG

• Like 5

Looks good.

I can never make my mind up as to whether these wheels look great and enhance the car's looks (they certainly are easy to clean!) or whether they look like clip-on wheel covers.

(No offense meant!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DanD said:

Looks good.

I can never make my mind up as to whether these wheels look great and enhance the car's looks (they certainly are easy to clean!) or whether they look like clip-on wheel covers.

(No offense meant!)

I know what you mean.  They do grow on you though, and I like them more than previous LS wheels.

On the other hand my Omega of years ago had really nice Irmscher set, which I think were better looking than either.

Very jealous.. That's not the one that was on Autotrader for a while is it (Larry?!).. I didn't appreciate the bonus of a 'done cambelt' when I got mine so well done!  Hope you enjoy yours as much as I'm enjoying mine, and I hope for your sake you're better at parking it than I am (I'm terrible).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DanD said:

Looks good.

(No offense meant!)

To be honest if I was going to keep it for a while I would change the wheels, wrap the car in matt black, stick on a quad exhaust, smoke tint the lights and tint the windows. However after that the car will be worth 5p so I won't do any of that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mo- said:

To be honest if I was going to keep it for a while I would change the wheels, wrap the car in matt black, stick on a quad exhaust, smoke tint the lights and tint the windows. However after that the car will be worth 5p so I won't do any of that.

I'm so so glad 👍

56 minutes ago, Mo- said:

You're not going to keep it for long?... Not that I'm suggesting you dig deep to wrap it in Matt black, surely just the four exhausts is a little too restrained?

No I won't keep it that long, I'll probably sell it after a few months or try and put it into storage. I have a habit of changing cars regularly. Nothing wrong with the cars I buy, I just get bored after a while.

I'd be worried about adding more than a quad exhaust...the weight of it may rob the car of power!

8 minutes ago, Mo- said:

No I won't keep it that long, I'll probably sell it after a few months or try and put it into storage. I have a habit of changing cars regularly. Nothing wrong with the cars I buy, I just get bored after a while.

I'd be worried about adding more than a quad exhaust...the weight of it may rob the car of power!

Well they do get under your skin, it could be longer than you think.. I'm a fan of that green and couldn't spare the cash at the time it was up on AT so do keep me in mind if you ever decide to move it on!  

Sure will list it here when I'm ready to sell. I'm really after a late manual 2.2 Honda Prelude. It's quite hard finding a decent one of those but when I do the Lexus will have to go.

1 hour ago, Mo- said:

Sure will list it here when I'm ready to sell. I'm really after a late manual 2.2 Honda Prelude. It's quite hard finding a decent one of those but when I do the Lexus will have to go.

I used to have a 2.2 4 wheel steer prelude. It was some thing called a motegi in black with a bodykit and leather interior. It was a nice car.

• Like 1