Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Service Plan - thoughts

I got a quote from Lexus Croydon for a service plan which includes:

1) S1 Intermediate @ 10,000 miles (Apr 2020)

2) S2 Full 20 @ 20,000 miles (Apr 2021)

3) S3 Intermediate @ 30,000 miles (Apr 2022)

...for about £800

My lease is 8000 miles pa - The dealer told me that the service will be carried out every year, even though I probably won't hit the 10k miles mark

Should I go for this? Does anybody know how much these services cost at a dealer?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, villieb said:

Should I go for this? Does anybody know how much these services cost at a dealer?

Lexus Croydon are dealers aren't they?

Servicing is always carried out every 10k miles OR 1 year, whichever occurs soonest. In October my car will be having its 60k service even though it won't even have reached 50k.

More about service pricing can be found here: https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-maintenance/vehicle-service#hero

There are two different options on the service plans, dealer specific or any dealership? The dealer specific should be the cheaper of the two as they want to keep you, the price you've been given sounds about right, but ask them is that really the best they can do? It's worth ringing another dealership just to get a price.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

£800 seems reasonable to me. I am currently paying monthly and this will total £885 covering the first three services on my NX at Lexus Edinburgh. 

I have always gone for Lexus' service plans. There's a discount built in, they are inflation proof and allow the spread the cost of services in monthly payments.

I believe they make a lot of sense if you want your car serviced within the network. They are also transferable from one vehicle to another if you buy another Lexus... although I do not believe they are transferable from one owner to another if you sell your car (I may be wrong on that one).