Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Simply Japanese 2019

Any F car owners going to this event at Beaulieu on 28th July? I went last year on what was probably the only cold and wet day of the whole summer. I'm hoping for better this year and perhaps a good line up of F cars, anyone up for it?

I’m worried about being surrounded by NSX’s, SUPRA’s, CELICA GT4’S, MR2 MK2’s etc I might not be able to control myself 😂

If I can persuade my daughter we might well come down, she loves cars as well and I want to encourage this behaviour!

Sounds as if we may have a few attendees. My car's an ISF, and it seems we may get a couple of RCFs, how about the elusive GSF - anyone?

Just to throw in a spanner.....

Its super cars at Beaulieu the following weekend. I’m going with my TVR through the TVRCC and waiting to see if I’ve made the cut for doing demo runs again.😎

This might be a better option. Free entry if you book and display your car. I think they’re trying to raise their game this year by concentrating on top end super cars but still might be worth an email if say a number of Fs were prepared to display. 

We will be there all weekend so there’s no problem in Mrs Rompy taking the RCF as well.

Just an option to consider. And might I say slightly more exotic car company. I’m my opinion 471bhp is enough to qualify for entry!!

J

1 hour ago, SCB said:

Sounds as if we may have a few attendees. My car's an ISF, and it seems we may get a couple of RCFs, how about the elusive GSF - anyone?

Sorry yes of course all F models my mistake

1 hour ago, SCB said:

Yup I'm in, I was there last year on the most miserable day the summer had seen, haha!

2 hours ago, Rompy said:

Just to throw in a spanner.....

Its super cars at Beaulieu the following weekend. I’m going with my TVR through the TVRCC and waiting to see if I’ve made the cut for doing demo runs again.😎

This might be a better option. Free entry if you book and display your car. I think they’re trying to raise their game this year by concentrating on top end super cars but still might be worth an email if say a number of Fs were prepared to display. 

We will be there all weekend so there’s no problem in Mrs Rompy taking the RCF as well.

Just an option to consider. And might I say slightly more exotic car company. I’m my opinion 471bhp is enough to qualify for entry!!

J

Unfortunately I can't do the week-end after so hoping to do Simply Japanese

Hi guys, 

Last year we had an area reserved for ISFs (although due to the weather only 3 showed up). I am going to ask Beaulieu if we can have an area for all Lexus F cars this year, that way we can assemble a choir of glorious V8s! You will still need to buy an individual ticket in advance via the website, or at the gate on the day. I believe the tickets are slightly cheaper if you buy in advance - they were last year.

Hope to meet many of your there

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SCB said:

Hi guys, 

Last year we had an area reserved for ISFs (although due to the weather only 3 showed up). I am going to ask Beaulieu if we can have an area for all Lexus F cars this year, that way we can assemble a choir of glorious V8s! You will still need to buy an individual ticket in advance via the website, or at the gate on the day. I believe the tickets are slightly cheaper if you buy in advance - they were last year.

This would be great! 😄

On 6/19/2019 at 1:26 PM, SCB said:

Hi guys, 

Have you been able to get a space for our F cars?

58 minutes ago, ISF V8 JAY said:

Have we got a idea of numbers yet guys

It might be an idea to start a list, if so.

1. B1RMA , RCF

• Like 1

Trying not to derail this thread, but thought I’d confirm that whilst I can’t do the Simply Japanese weekend, I have had the RCF accepted into the Beaulieu SuperCar weekend the following week. (The first Lexus accepted into this years event).

So looks like there will examples of our cars at both events  

If anyone else on here attends or displays at the Supercar weekend look us up. Odds are we will be with the noisy TVR group in the corner of the site! I managed to flat spot the tyres on my TVR doing demo runs last year. Not sure if we will be asked again this year. 😂

I haven’t discussed doing demo runs in the RCF with them as yet. I’m not sure that, even with the Quicksilver fitted, it’s got the noise or the acceleration to be a crowd pleaser? That said last years event included a few cars with similar performance doing demonstrations, so who knows? (And it does look stunning).

So, just in case, I’d better look up how to turn all that traction stuff off

Then

Mash the throttle with right foot as releasing left foot from brake pedal.......and repeat 😇

J

• Like 2