Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Simply Japanese 2019

Unfortunately whilst I do have a nice new shiny RCF, I also can't do the 28th, my wife has decided we have a prior engagement that day. The following weekend looks interesting so I may research that..

9 hours ago, Rompy said:

Trying not to derail this thread, but thought I’d confirm that whilst I can’t do the Simply Japanese weekend, I have had the RCF accepted into the Beaulieu SuperCar weekend the following week. (The first Lexus accepted into this years event).

So looks like there will examples of our cars at both events  

If anyone else on here attends or displays at the Supercar weekend look us up. Odds are we will be with the noisy TVR group in the corner of the site! I managed to flat spot the tyres on my TVR doing demo runs last year. Not sure if we will be asked again this year. 😂

I haven’t discussed doing demo runs in the RCF with them as yet. I’m not sure that, even with the Quicksilver fitted, it’s got the noise or the acceleration to be a crowd pleaser? That said last years event included a few cars with similar performance doing demonstrations, so who knows? (And it does look stunning).

So, just in case, I’d better look up how to turn all that traction stuff off

Then

Mash the throttle with right foot as releasing left foot from brake pedal.......and repeat 😇

J

I intend to be at this event as well, also unsure about a demo run potential, even after I get an exhaust fitted. Would be nice to see something different 🙂

Rightttt all you F-ing owners 😉 shall we get our backsides into gear about this event? Numbers do not look strong enough to get a club stand, so for the few that are keen, should be try arrange a pre-meet and an F convoy down? 😄

1 hour ago, hockeyedwards said:

Rightttt all you F-ing owners 😉 shall we get our backsides into gear about this event? Numbers do not look strong enough to get a club stand, so for the few that are keen, should be try arrange a pre-meet and an F convoy down? 😄

Sounds a good plan. There are services on the M27 is that a good place. Should be accessible from M3 direction too

I'm still attending. Looks like possibly 3 or 4 of us, which is more F cars than you usually see in one place.

I'm up for arriving in convoy. I'll be coming down the M3 and then....well, I need to research that a bit more, so if the M27 services is on the route I'll see you there. What time, is 10:30 Ok?

9 minutes ago, SCB said:

I'm still attending. Looks like possibly 3 or 4 of us, which is more F cars than you usually see in one place.

I'm up for arriving in convoy. I'll be coming down the M3 and then....well, I need to research that a bit more, so if the M27 services is on the route I'll see you there. What time, is 10:30 Ok?

It's called Rownams Services and is accessible after leaving the M3 and joining the M27.

10.30 sounds fine to me as I guess most of the queues will have gone by the time we hit the event.

7 hours ago, B1RMA said:

It's called Rownams Services and is accessible after leaving the M3 and joining the M27.

10.30 sounds fine to me as I guess most of the queues will have gone by the time we hit the event.

Thats the exact place I was going to suggest! Seems to be a popular places for pre-event meets. However, I am usually there from opening and leave earlier but if the majority are preferring a later entrance I will conceed 😄

12 hours ago, SCB said:

Sounds like a plan 

Hi Guys

I have posted a copy of the pass required to access the parking area reserved for F cars. They ask for this to be displayed in your windscreen. I have also copied below the general instructions issued with the pass.

Looking forward to meeting up at the Rownams Service area and seeing loads of F's!

Please find attached your club label for Simply Japanese 2019 – please can this be distributed amongst your club members prior to the event. Please ensure that they print this label and display it in their windscreen upon entry to the event, this ensures that all members wishing to park within your club area are directed to the correct parking location by our stewards.

Clubs are also encouraged to arrive at the same time in order to allow our stewards to park your members faster. We do have a car club meeting area out in our visitor car parks as well.

Entry is from 08.30am at both the Main entrance and Additional entrance. Please note that club spaces are only reserved until 10.00am - if you arrive after 10.00am the space will be allocated to drive-in participants as there will be a high volume of cars entering the site for the event.

Our Additional Entrance off the B3054 will be signed as “Simply Japanese Additional Entrance” and will be open from 8.30am-11.00am only and operate as a club and general entrance. If you arrive at this entrance before 8.30am or after 11.00am you will be directed round to the main entrance as there is nowhere to wait here.

Satnavs can be a little iffy when getting to Beaulieu so we recommend following the blue event signs on the roads when in the vicinity as these will direct you to Beaulieu via the best route.

Tickets

All participants in display vehicles need to purchase a ticket per person. You can do so online at www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-japanese or by calling the office on 01590 614614 (a £1 postal fee applies to phone orders).

Tickets are £10 per adult and £5 per child when arriving in a Japanese vehicle, up until 5pm on Thursday 25th July, after which the ticket price increases to the standard/on the day rate.

Lexus F Cars.pdf

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SCB said:

Hi Guys

I have posted a copy of the pass required to access the parking area reserved for F cars. They ask for this to be displayed in your windscreen. I have also copied below the general instructions issued with the pass.

Looking forward to meeting up at the Rownams Service area and seeing loads of F's!

Please find attached your club label for Simply Japanese 2019 – please can this be distributed amongst your club members prior to the event. Please ensure that they print this label and display it in their windscreen upon entry to the event, this ensures that all members wishing to park within your club area are directed to the correct parking location by our stewards.

Clubs are also encouraged to arrive at the same time in order to allow our stewards to park your members faster. We do have a car club meeting area out in our visitor car parks as well.

Entry is from 08.30am at both the Main entrance and Additional entrance. Please note that club spaces are only reserved until 10.00am - if you arrive after 10.00am the space will be allocated to drive-in participants as there will be a high volume of cars entering the site for the event.

Our Additional Entrance off the B3054 will be signed as “Simply Japanese Additional Entrance” and will be open from 8.30am-11.00am only and operate as a club and general entrance. If you arrive at this entrance before 8.30am or after 11.00am you will be directed round to the main entrance as there is nowhere to wait here.

Satnavs can be a little iffy when getting to Beaulieu so we recommend following the blue event signs on the roads when in the vicinity as these will direct you to Beaulieu via the best route.

Tickets

All participants in display vehicles need to purchase a ticket per person. You can do so online at www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-japanese or by calling the office on 01590 614614 (a £1 postal fee applies to phone orders).

Tickets are £10 per adult and £5 per child when arriving in a Japanese vehicle, up until 5pm on Thursday 25th July, after which the ticket price increases to the standard/on the day rate.

Lexus F Cars.pdf 394.07 kB · 0 downloads

Great work thanks, so it looks like meeting at Rownams at 10am Sunday morning may not be such a good idea.

7 hours ago, B1RMA said:

Great work thanks, so it looks like meeting at Rownams at 10am Sunday morning may not be such a good idea.

Soooooo I'm gucci for literally any time, I am usually there from opening for these events, the floor is open for discussion/ negotiation 😛 

32 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

Soooooo I'm gucci for literally any time, I am usually there from opening for these events, the floor is open for discussion/ negotiation 😛 

If everyone is in agreement it may be an idea to meet at Rownhams at 8.30 to depart for the event at 9, that way we should be able to arrive at the event in good time before the 10 am deadline.

2 hours ago, B1RMA said:

If everyone is in agreement it may be an idea to meet at Rownhams at 8.30 to depart for the event at 9, that way we should be able to arrive at the event in good time before the 10 am deadline.

Fine by me 🙂

• Like 1

On 7/19/2019 at 8:17 PM, B1RMA said:

Are the members attending in agreement of this idea?

Hi Guys,  I understand the need to meet at 8:30, but I can't get there that early, So i'll see you on site at Beaulieu - fingers crossed they keep a space for me with the other F cars. Looking forward to meeting up

1 hour ago, SCB said:

Hi Guys,  I understand the need to meet at 8:30, but I can't get there that early, So i'll see you on site at Beaulieu - fingers crossed they keep a space for me with the other F cars. Looking forward to meeting up

No problem, I do remember many years ago I was part of a car club that were displaying at Beaulieu and I didn't arrive until 11 am, at that time the marshals were quite happy to guide me to my display parking, so you never know. 

2 minutes ago, Cezar B said:

Hi, guys! How many attending? Fancy one more RCF with crazy exhaust sound? 😜

The plan is to meet up at Rownhams service station from 8.30 onwards with the intention of leaving for the event at 9.

Thought you had sold the exhaust and RCF?

4 minutes ago, B1RMA said:

The plan is to meet up at Rownhams service station from 8.30 onwards with the intention of leaving for the event at 9.

Thought you had sold the exhaust and RCF?

B1RMA, I changed my mind 😄, didn’t sell yet

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cezar B said:

Hi, guys! How many attending? Fancy one more RCF with crazy exhaust sound? 😜

You can lead the RCFs, I’ll try to match you with my latest install fresh from the USA... currently being fitted 🍆

1 hour ago, hockeyedwards said:

You can lead the RCFs, I’ll try to match you with my latest install fresh from the USA... currently being fitted 🍆

You fitted a GTHAUS too? Cool 😎 Any videos of it? 😁😋