Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Indy exhaust success in South east?

Hi,

I’ve managed to get my LS400 12 months of MOT. It’s still due a service and has a large cambelt due on the horizon.. I also managed to get the catalyst to Centre pipe flange plugged at an exhaust centre in newbury and experienced nearly a whole month of silent wafting around.. Now it sounds like a rumbling mid 50’s American towncar car with its blowing exhaust.   Japex gave me the name of an expert ‘fabricator’ to look at the exhaust but my instinct is their work, whilst being technically very good it could end up being rather expensive.  I’m sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone have anyone they can recommend who they’ve had recent success with getting their blowing exhausts fixed? The place in Newbury did suggest the corrosion is getting near the cats so warned that ultimately replacing them might be what’s needed so obviously I’m keen to delay that.  I’m based near Amersham in bucks but am up and sow the M4 most days so would appreciate if anyone has any recommends that are cheap in and around the south east and can give more than a months repair. 

All the best

Ben

Thank you, it seems that these powerflow people are the ones to speak to in the absence of a welding Indy doing it for peanuts! That’s given me a ballpark and some confidence that a decent weld job can stave it off for a while longer! 

I know it is bit out of your way, but Infinity Exhausts, Dodington Ash (Just off M4 junction for Bath), had mine done a few years back, Y piece gone, cannot recall exact price, around £200 i think, done while I waited (well went for a walk around the footpaths of James Dyson estate for a few hours.

They seem to be of the view of you want a good repair they can do, if you want anything techically tweaked or pimped up can also do.  3 years on no problems with exhaust

• Like 1

Thanks Pete, Bath's not too bad as I do a bit of work in Swindon each week so not too much of a push.  I've actually just had a chat with the guy Japex recommend and he seemed a good guy and put my mind at ease a little, asked if my car was a 'show car' or other so seems to be able to suit his work accordingly to budget/expectations (obviously mine's a little off concourse at the moment!!).  I can't see him until the start of July so will share my experiences and keep rumbling around in the meantime..