Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking for recommendations for a trolley jack

Ohoopee

I have a Halfords 2 tonne trolley jack that I have used for years...still works great.  I use to use it all the time with my old IS 200.  When I got my IS220d, I discovered that It wouldn't really work like I wanted with my new car.  If I want to jack up the entire front end...such as to change the oil, my old jack wouldn't work, It would reach to the jack point but then I wouldn't be able to jack it up because I couldn't not move the handle enough because the front bumper got in the way.  I am looking for a low profile, long chassis, affordable trolley jack.  I have been using ramps to change the oil but they don't get the car quit high enough for my liking and don't give me the flexibility of a jack.  I have been looking at amazon.co.uk...but it is hard for me to find one that I can defiantly tell is long chassis and low profile.

Check SGS, I have one of their 3 tonne jacks and it's by far the most stable jack I've ever used - it's a beast. 

I really like the quick lift and dual piston set-up.

I've used mine quite a bit over a few years now and it's still going strong.

Something along these lines should sort you out; https://www.sgs-engineering.com/tj3lp-low-profile-garage-trolley-jack?gclid=Cj0KCQjw9JzoBRDjARIsAGcdIDXILHHlZR9EXeqyO0DlD5PzCxg0-W2cFJ3UH5Qnxl9nqS4qgrYLgn8aAlgvEALw_wcB

19 minutes ago, Farqui said:

Check SGS, I have one of their 3 tonne jacks and it's by far the most stable jack I've ever used - it's a beast. 

I really like the quick lift and dual piston set-up.

I've used mine quite a bit over a few years now and it's still going strong.

Something along these lines should sort you out; https://www.sgs-engineering.com/tj3lp-low-profile-garage-trolley-jack?gclid=Cj0KCQjw9JzoBRDjARIsAGcdIDXILHHlZR9EXeqyO0DlD5PzCxg0-W2cFJ3UH5Qnxl9nqS4qgrYLgn8aAlgvEALw_wcB

Thanks for the recommendation...it is very hard to tell from pictures but it doesn't look much bigger than my current jack.  I am just worried about having room to jack it up which is the problem with my current jack.  Love the idea of having a jack with Rocket lift though. 

5 minutes ago, steveledzep said:

Hope you're using axle stands too. If the jack fails, it'll take more than a couple of paracetamol to cure the headache.

Yep, I have two 3-tonne jack stands...just don't get to use them with my current jack because I can't get it under it.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links