Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Vossen wheels have arrived in the UK

Agree with you on the warranty- just not worth it on such an expensive item. 

I think the wheels look great and how they look in the arches didn’t jar with me at all.

I understand that the space /offset of wheels is an important aesthetic to a lot of people, but I think the arch extension would need to sympathetic to warrant doing it imho. I look forward to seeing how they look 👍🏻

1 hour ago, DAW said:

Agree with you on the warranty- just not worth it on such an expensive item. 

I think the wheels look great and how they look in the arches didn’t jar with me at all.

I understand that the space /offset of wheels is an important aesthetic to a lot of people, but I think the arch extension would need to sympathetic to warrant doing it imho. I look forward to seeing how they look 👍🏻

I agree, and to me the wheel arch gap is as important as rear disc diameter to wheel size, another bee in my bonnet so to speak, as irrational as it may be to some people it's fairly important to me. I have no doubt getting it right in my eyes is probably going to cost way more than it's actually worth but I've started the ball rolling. Just hope the next buyer of my car appreciates what I've done. 

Many years ago I attended a car show where some American car on show had 22 inch open design wheels and discs the size of tea saucers, I looked at it and started to laugh it wasn't long before other attendees also got the point and laughed too the owner wasn't amused but one hopes he saw the light.

If it’s important to you that’s all that counts and why the hell not make the car exactly what you want it to be.  

The wheels look great & i’ll be very interested to see how it looks. As you say it sounds like you have embarked on a very cash negative path 😉👍🏻

• Like 2

The only "safe" way of going about it i'm afraid is to make sure the lowering springs that you decide to go with has rates that is within the specifications of the AVS shocks. Swift springs are highly reputable and can provide you with custom spring rates for your needs i believe. As always, these things do come with "proceed with caution". 

Oh and the Artisan Spirits wheel arch extension is quite pricey. Maybe the cost of a JDM piece might be easier to swallow. Although they don't cover as much of the wheel arch as the Artisan Spirits.

a13_b1e5368e-7197-4763-8d49-1acb9af19e4c_1024x1024.png

a17_29ae68fe-429b-43bd-af1d-d60019a3d92c_1024x1024.png

They are body colour painted and are $180 + shipping costs for a pair.

55 minutes ago, Ashrez said:

The only "safe" way of going about it i'm afraid is to make sure the lowering springs that you decide to go with has rates that is within the specifications of the AVS shocks. Swift springs are highly reputable and can provide you with custom spring rates for your needs i believe. As always, these things do come with "proceed with caution". 

Oh and the Artisan Spirits wheel arch extension is quite pricey. Maybe the cost of a JDM piece might be easier to swallow. Although they don't cover as much of the wheel arch as the Artisan Spirits.

a13_b1e5368e-7197-4763-8d49-1acb9af19e4c_1024x1024.png

a17_29ae68fe-429b-43bd-af1d-d60019a3d92c_1024x1024.png

They are body colour painted and are $180 + shipping costs for a pair.

Thanks I've sent off a couple of e-mails to both, although I like the carbon fibre rears that a forum member here is about to sell.

Took some better photos today, the first one was me trying to be 'arty' and failed playing with the light/shade. Also note the £12 e-bay rear diffuser.

IMG_0231.JPG

IMG_0234.JPG

IMG_0250.JPG

IMG_0239.JPG

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Twellsie said:

the wheels look great, but if I am being really picky the front tyres look pretty stretched compared to the rears, what wheel/tyre combos are you running?

You're right they do look a little stretched the fronts are 255/30/20 on a 9.5 rim I ought to do a check to ensure they are okay I'm guessing it was the only size made. The rears are 10.5 with 285/30/20.

Just checked on a tyre/wheel site 9-9.5 for the 255 tyre. I'd have thought Delroy would have got it right.

Rim width Minimum tyre width Ideal tyre width Maximum tyre width
5,0 Inches 155 mm 165 or 175 mm 185 mm
5,5 Inches 165 mm 175 or 185 mm 195 mm
6,0 Inches 175 mm 185 or 195 mm 205 mm
6,5 Inches 185 mm 195 or 205 mm 215 mm
7,0 Inches 195 mm 205 or 215 mm 225 mm
7,5 Inches 205 mm 215 or 225 mm 235 mm
8,0 Inches 215 mm 225 or 235 mm 245 mm
8,5 Inches 225 mm 235 or 245 mm 255 mm
9,0 Inches 235 mm 245 or 255 mm 265 mm
9,5 Inches 245 mm 255 or 265 mm 275 mm
10,0 Inches 255 mm 265 or 275 mm 285 mm
10,5 Inches 265 mm 275 or 285 mm 295 mm
11,0 Inches 275 mm 285 or 295 mm 305 mm
11,5 Inches 285 mm 295 or 305 mm 315 mm
12,0 Inches 295 mm 305 or 315 mm 325 mm
12,5 Inches 305 mm 315 or 325 mm 335 mm

1 hour ago, Comedian said:

Yeah good idea that.

Sent from my BV5800 using Tapatalk

People are bound to copy this idea.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Ashrez said:

Our stock front wheels are 9 inch with 255 on.  265 on the 9.5 would eliminate that stretched look.

I agree, although it's done now 265 will be the replacements.

It looks like my TPMS refuses to acknowledge the new set up, on the actual tyre pressure screen the pressures are blank then if i drive I get the small tyre inflation symbol flash then stay on. Is there a procedure to 'tune in' the new units?

Took this yesterday to give an idea of proportions both disc to wheel and wheel arch gap, still think lips/extensions will be the answer.

IMG_0255.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B1RMA said:

It looks like my TPMS refuses to acknowledge the new set up, on the actual tyre pressure screen the pressures are blank then if i drive I get the small tyre inflation symbol flash then stay on. Is there a procedure to 'tune in' the new units? 

I believe you can reset the TPMS yourself within the settings.

How to initialize the tire pressure warning system Park the vehicle in a safe place and turn the engine switch off. Initialization cannot be performed while the vehicle is moving. Adjust the tire inflation pressure to the specified cold tire inflation pressure level. (→P. 623) Make sure to adjust the tire pressure to the specified cold tire inflation pressure level. The tire pressure warning system will operate based on this pressure level. Turn the engine switch to IGNITION ON mode.
Press  or  on the meter control switch and select .
Press  or  on the meter control switch and select “Vehicle Settings”. Then press . Press  or  on the meter control switch and select “TPMS”. Then press and hold  until a message is displayed. The message will be displayed on the multi-information display and the tire pressure warning light will blink slowly 3 times. When the message disappears, initialization is complete.

Got those from the manual. Hope it helps and sorts out your TPMS issue.

49 minutes ago, Ashrez said:

I believe you can reset the TPMS yourself within the settings.

How to initialize the tire pressure warning system Park the vehicle in a safe place and turn the engine switch off. Initialization cannot be performed while the vehicle is moving. Adjust the tire inflation pressure to the specified cold tire inflation pressure level. (→P. 623) Make sure to adjust the tire pressure to the specified cold tire inflation pressure level. The tire pressure warning system will operate based on this pressure level. Turn the engine switch to IGNITION ON mode.
Press  or  on the meter control switch and select .
Press  or  on the meter control switch and select “Vehicle Settings”. Then press . Press  or  on the meter control switch and select “TPMS”. Then press and hold  until a message is displayed. The message will be displayed on the multi-information display and the tire pressure warning light will blink slowly 3 times. When the message disappears, initialization is complete.

Got those from the manual. Hope it helps and sorts out your TPMS issue.

Thank you most helpful I'll have a go today.

Well I've tried to find the menu in settings and the button which is said to be located behind the dash but I can't for the life of me find anything.

1 hour ago, Comedian said:

Yes, button under dash. Best accessed with door open kneeling on your drive. Bit crap really.

Thanks I've been buggering around for at least an hour looking for it, I'll try again.

Found the button not exactly easy to find, problem is I've gone through the procedure and zero nothing registered. So either they are defective or not there.

29 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Thanks, I'll have to get my thinking cap on and try to understand.

i assume they transferred the sensors to the new wheels right? Were the wheels taken off with the car off? I mean fully off, not in acc mode? If the car is on and you take the wheels away from the car it looses pairing. You have to re-pair the car to the sensors. Techstream can do this.

12 minutes ago, Arqum said:

i assume they transferred the sensors to the new wheels right? Were the wheels taken off with the car off? I mean fully off, not in acc mode? If the car is on and you take the wheels away from the car it looses pairing. You have to re-pair the car to the sensors. Techstream can do this.

No they supplied new sensors in the price, I have kept the original wheels and tyres untouched.

ok then i think the issue is you need to pair the new sensors to the car then. Thats why you see the error. Techstream will take 10min to do. Dealer can do it for you.

2 minutes ago, Arqum said:

ok then i think the issue is you need to pair the new sensors to the car then. Thats why you see the error. Techstream will take 10min to do. Dealer can do it for you.

Thank you

No they supplied new sensors in the price, I have kept the original wheels and tyres untouched.
Good plan