Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

We sold our 2011 Facelift IS250 SE-L  Nav  with 110000 miles on the clock 2 weeks ago. We bought it 9 months old with 19000 miles as an ex Lexus car.  Engine and electrical wise it was faultless. The only issues we had were the wiper mechanism snapped and the heater motor started to become nosey. Lexus wouldn't cover either with their extended warranty which was very frustrating but these were minor issues, in what was a lovely car.  Much more reliable than my friends German counterparts.  The only reason why we sold it was because I fancied a V8 before everything became electric 😂 

• Like 1

Congrats on the GSF, so jealous 🙂

Interesting on the warranty front. I would have expected things like the wiper mechanism and the 'noisy' heater motor to be covered .. what reason(s) did they give?

Just now, bobmc said:

Congrats on the GSF, so jealous 🙂

Interesting on the warranty front. I would have expected things like the wiper mechanism and the 'noisy' heater motor to be covered .. what reason(s) did they give?

Thank you. I am over the moon with it 😀

The wiper mechanism was classed as 'wear and tear'. I argued it but they wouldn't budge and in the end Lexus Bristol replaced the mechanism at 'cost' which was about £100. I just didn't have the time to pursue it. 

The heater was rather annoyingly put down as 'wear and tear' on the warranty claim form  by the incompetent service advisor who is no longer there. The warranty company rejected it and then it was an uphill struggle from then on. They sent out an assessor who together with the service advisor swore blind that it was quiet, but it wasn't. I would have pursued it but the GSF came up.

• Like 1

thanks for the update, it's useful feedback for members considering the extended warranty.

Did you go for the extended warranty on the GSF? 

Just now, bobmc said:

thanks for the update, it's useful feedback for members considering the extended warranty.

Did you go for the extended warranty on the GSF? 

It still has a years warranty on it but I will do before it expires. Interestingly the quote I was give for the GSF extended warranty today  was the same for all GS models. 

Just coming up to to 130k on my IS250, it was a high mileage at 58k being just over 2 years old, I paid £13500 and it was still under warranty. It'll be 10 years old next March.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Fishboy said:

Just coming up to to 130k on my IS250, it was a high mileage at 58k being just over 2 years old, I paid £13500 and it was still under warranty. It'll be 10 years old next March.

They are such good cars. My dads IS250 SE-L will be 12 years old in September and it definitely doesn’t feel like a 12 year old car due to its  design, quality and all the technology  it has pack in to it. The only thing that has let down are the wheels which have suffered the usual corrosion. 

• 5 months later...

121,500ish in my July 07 IS250 SE-L. Had a new exhaust (ouch!) and air con compressor. Other than that it has just been pads, disks, one set of plugs and routine servicing. It has been almost 12 years of totally trouble and hassle free motoring and I have enjoyed every mile. No squeaks or rattles either.

Edit: forgot that I had a new Battery too 2 years ago. Drove around for a couple of weeks before I worked out how to make the windows work again...

• Like 1

My old IS220d has crossed the 150k mark in the hands of a friend of mine.  Still going strong with nothing having gone wrong in the year and a quarter he has owned it.

86k now on my GS, so 15k miles covered, again without fault.

Touch wood, long may it continue.

• Like 2

Check the MOT history. Up to October 2015 it had only done 21k.

274,000 miles in 4 years = 68,500 miles per year.

If he's averaged 30  mpg and fuel is £5.50 per gallon he's spent £50,233 on petrol.

I really should get out more!

6 hours ago, Cactus said:

50,000 pounds petrol.... 

imagine driving the same distance in a prius you would save 25000 pounds? Can buy a decent car with this.

Driving Prius for that much you would have died my now... not even joking... at very least would have back surgery. It is one thing spend whole day driving in luxury car in quiet and comfortable atmosphere and completely different thing on cheap and hard seats.

On 6/18/2019 at 10:14 PM, Tyre Tread said:

Ea,lier today my car joined the 100,000 mile club.

Is it sad that I drove around the block before I got home to make sure I hit 100,000?

What mileage are you up to and who ha the highest.

IMG_20190618_182801999_BURST001.jpg

I now have 124,000 miles on mine it’s a 2008 SE Mulitimdeia 

I don't get what all the whinging about mpg? The real average for me has been about 32 mpg over almost 90k although that's nearly all motorway miles, if I had to sell my Lexus tomorrow for next to nothing the depreciation would still work out about £1200 per year. I work with a number of people who say to me how can you afford to run a car like that and yet they spend  thousands over the years on their BMW and Audi PCP deals. Nowt so strange as folk.

1 hour ago, Fishboy said:

I work with a number of people who say to me how can you afford to run a car like that and yet they spend  thousands over the years on their BMW and Audi PCP deals. Nowt so strange as folk.

PCP is false economy in most cases.

On 6/19/2019 at 8:05 AM, Koum said:

How the hell do you get a tank average of 40mpg? I'm at 29 sometimes 30?

WTF I do 23 average from tank and overall is 24mpg 

36mpg on motorway

Do you guys push your cars or what?