Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

F Sport with Takumi pack - Heated screen and 360 camera?

Sloth

Does the F sport with Takumi pack have a quick clear/heated front screen and a 360 area view camera?

I was under the impression it did as the Takumi pack UX F Sport I borrowed had the 360 camera although I'm not sure about the front screen?

The Takumi grade ES does have the 360deg camera though no mention of quick clear screen

but not the Takumi 'pack' it seems?

The UX F Sport with Takumi Pack I had for a few weeks definitely had the 360 camera?

Well, a dealership has just confirmed that the ES F Sport with Takumi pack does NOT have 360 camera or a quick clear screen.

Someone has fed me a bit of bull poo.

I really wanted the 360 camera having got used to it in my last car and promised myself no more freezing my nuts off scraping ice of the windscreen.

The Takumi model does have the 360 camera (but still not the quick clear screen)

I'm wobbling a little now and need to re-think my choice......😕

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Yes the UX F-Sport with Takumi pack does have the 360 camera

The Takumi pack offered with the ES does not have the 360 camera

Those packs are expensive!!

That's crazy! Why down spec the supposedly higher grade ES model?

Not happy...at all.....

Lexus does puzzle me sometimes..

My RC300h F-Sport with Takumi pack is approx £1.5k cheaper than the full Takumi grade but has all the spec of the 'higher' grade plus it has AVS 

Neither the salesman nor I could see what extras the Takumi grade offers!

• Like 1

I'd cancel in favour of the A6 if it wasn't so high on company car tax!

It was only the 360 camera and 'quick clear' screen that separated them on spec...well other than the HUD and adaptive cruise...and auto pilot assist...and heated steering wheel....I suppose this is a little like 'What did the Romans ever do for us?'.....

I suppose it's still a well spec'd car but I really did want the 360 camera and quick clear screen.

Do you know if you can de-ice from an app on your phone on the Lexus? i.e. 20 mins before you leave the house?

Dont think any Lexus models have a heated windscreen? 

The ones from VAG are decent to be fair, all others ones really annoy me due to the wires.

What do you "really" want the 360 camera for? I suspect its useful on a low coupe like an LC but my RX doesn't have it and its not exactly a struggle to park with a reverse camera, sensors and a few mirrors

14 minutes ago, Sloth said:

Do you know if you can de-ice from an app on your phone on the Lexus? i.e. 20 mins before you leave the house?

Not on EU spec cars. The North Americans do get an app that enables remote control of various functions but AFAIK only plug-in EVs (so not Lexus) have the remote defrost

6 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Dont think any Lexus models have a heated windscreen? 

The ones from VAG are decent to be fair, all others ones really annoy me due to the wires.

What do you "really" want the 360 camera for? I suspect its useful on a low coupe like an LC but my RX doesn't have it and its not exactly a struggle to park with a reverse camera, sensors and a few mirrors

I know it's just that I got used to having the 360 camera in my C Class (premium+ pack) and in the UX courtesy car I had for a few weeks.

As for the screen it would be good if you could use an app to start the blowers prior to getting into the car?

Just now, NemesisUK said:

Not on EU spec cars. The North Americans do get an app that enables remote control of various functions but AFAIK only plug-in EVs (so no Lexus) have the remote defrost

Ah, just saw this after posting my last one.

Ah well it's just not my day is it!

Scraping ice from windows? Not done that for a while. Fill a plastic sandwich bag with warm water, close it and wipe it over the windows and ice gone. Before anyone asks , no it does not do any damage.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Hey, that ES 300h F-Sport (Takumi Pack) looks a fantastic, well spec'd car!  :thumbup:

Yes it is isn't it.

Mine is in F Sport white with red interior.

Now I'm over the initial disappointment of not getting the 360 & quick clear screen I'm remembering what I actually liked about the car and spec in the first place.

Theres a distinct lack of UK pictures and reviews on the ES F Sport, they all seem to be either the Takumi model or the US F Sport 350.

There must be guys on here with one that could post a few more pics etc!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 6/19/2019 at 4:37 PM, NemesisUK said:

Lexus does puzzle me sometimes..

My RC300h F-Sport with Takumi pack is approx £1.5k cheaper than the full Takumi grade but has all the spec of the 'higher' grade plus it has AVS 

Neither the salesman nor I could see what extras the Takumi grade offers!

That is an interesting note!! I never knew that! Wonder why anyone would go full takumi then? ( I think the Takumi has different alloys doesn't it?)

Ps if interested I made a video on a RC300h F sport +takumi pack if you want to see it? :)~

On 6/19/2019 at 8:55 PM, Sloth said:

Yes it is isn't it.

Mine is in F Sport white with red interior.

Now I'm over the initial disappointment of not getting the 360 & quick clear screen I'm remembering what I actually liked about the car and spec in the first place.

Theres a distinct lack of UK pictures and reviews on the ES F Sport, they all seem to be either the Takumi model or the US F Sport 350.

There must be guys on here with one that could post a few more pics etc!

I collect mine early next week, once I have it (ES300h F Sport Takumi, Graphite Black, Black interior) i’ll Post some pics