Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Driver's window wind noise

nartorias

Hi folks, I've noticed that there is more noise than usual coming from the driver's window when fully rolled up on my 2002 LS430. Its irritating (to many it wouldn't be) to me as I'm sensitive to wind/window noise. But before I go replacing seals etc - which could be a waste of money - I wondered if anyone had any tips etc that I may try out?

Thanks

;-) 

Wear in the mechanism may allow the glass to move out of correct alignment. I had this on my Merc. Needed a new winder mech and readjustment of the glass alignment.

Might be possible to cure just by careful adjustment of the glass, you need to find an experienced independent .. 

10 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Wear in the mechanism may allow the glass to move out of correct alignment. I had this on my Merc. Needed a new winder mech and readjustment of the glass alignment.

Might be possible to cure just by careful adjustment of the glass, you need to find an experienced independent .

Thanks, I thought it may be something to do with the seals around window and/or door. However you've gone straight for the winder mechanism / readjustment etc. I must say when it closes it doesn't sound quite as if it shuts completely; there's no firm "closure" Its almost as if its falling short slightly.

I could take it to lexus but they charge silly prices lol!! Not sure where in the UK one would go to get something like this looked at ? Perhaps an independent bodyshop or window replacement place?

;-)

when I had to have a replacement front screen the rare and intermittent  ( wind ) noise I had vanished

so maybe it's the screen seating that slightly " gives " with age

Malc

1 hour ago, Malc said:

when I had to have a replacement front screen the rare and intermittent  ( wind ) noise I had vanished

so maybe it's the screen seating that slightly " gives " with age

Malc

Interesting, I will bare that in mind, thanks. Interesting though that no one has mentioned the window or door "seals" which is the first thing I would have thought of.

When you replaced the front windscreen surely that only replaced the windscreen and I assume a new seal was also introduced at the time which may have been the culprit?  

3 hours ago, nartorias said:

Interesting, I will bare that in mind, thanks. Interesting though that no one has mentioned the window or door "seals" which is the first thing I would have thought of.

When you replaced the front windscreen surely that only replaced the windscreen and I assume a new seal was also introduced at the time which may have been the culprit?  

the new seal was then seated as " new " with the new screen and the noise just vanished  ..............  an insurance claim for the cracked screen

Malc