Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Loudness/Volume of Turn Signal Indicators

My hearing isn't what it was, so I decided to look into increasing the volume of the parking sensors and the turn signal indicators on my 2007 GS300. Success with the parking sensors! BUT I can't find anything in the handbook about increasing the volume of the indicators. It's probably not possible, or is it? Any ideas?

1 hour ago, Comedian said:

Can be done with carista mobile app and OBD plug

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've looked on the Carista website under Supported Vehicles and for the Lexus GS it appears only to be supported from 4th Generation year 2012.

This is my problem too. My parking beepers are audible but my turn indicators are not. I was excited to see I could customise the volume with the Carista app and an OBD plug both of which I have. 

My excitement was short lived. Although the Carista site says 2007 Gen 3 GS 450h is supported, when I select Customise/Lexus it tells me the car is not supported or the ignition is not on. Perhaps this functionality is an in-app purchase?

John

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OldTrout said:

This is my problem too. My parking beepers are audible but my turn indicators are not. I was excited to see I could customise the volume with the Carista app and an OBD plug both of which I have. 

My excitement was short lived. Although the Carista site says 2007 Gen 3 GS 450h is supported, when I select Customise/Lexus it tells me the car is not supported or the ignition is not on. Perhaps this functionality is an in-app purchase?

John

On the Carista site I can only see GS 4th Gen 2012. Can't see any reference to Gen 3 for GS300 or GS450h.

Jeff,

I agree now. However when I looked before the Mk 3 GS had a picture of a 450h. Annoyingly I can't now find how I got that.

There is an in-app purchase for the Carista which will turn on customisation. If the Mk3 is not supported its not worth it.

BritPrius: can this customisation be done on the Mk 3?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OldTrout said:

Jeff,

I agree now. However when I looked before the Mk 3 GS had a picture of a 450h. Annoyingly I can't now find how I got that.

There is an in-app purchase for the Carista which will turn on customisation. If the Mk3 is not supported its not worth it.

BritPrius: can this customisation be done on the Mk 3?

Hi john. This is something I had not thought about even though I have exactly the same problem. I will get Techstream out, and on the car in the morning to see what I can discover, and report back here.
I had considered altering the system to the later setup where operating the stalk gives a set number of flashes without the stalk latching in place.

John.

12 hours ago, Britprius said:

Hi john. This is something I had not thought about even though I have exactly the same problem. I will get Techstream out, and on the car in the morning to see what I can discover, and report back here.
I had considered altering the system to the later setup where operating the stalk gives a set number of flashes without the stalk latching in place.

John.

The later set number of flashes operation would be good if possible. I think that is what the Mk2 had but the Mk3 didn't by default. The occasions when the several flashes would be used e.g. changing lanes on motorway, are exactly those where the wheel does not turn enough to cancel and so those who can't hear the ticks leave them indicating. My assistant can them flick them off😊

John

• Thanks 1

I have just checked the system with Techstream, and there is no facility for increasing the flasher warning volume. It would not be to difficult to fit a warning buzzer of some description to enhance the noise level if required.
I will look into the possibility of modifying the flasher system to give a fixed number of flashes.

John.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links