Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just replaced my Denso air filter with a new one. As it is only 10,000 miles old I was planning to hoover it clean and replace it, but it was pretty dirty so replaced it. I normally do this and replace them at 2P1040422.thumb.JPG.33eb9703d44379ed008bfd53889790d3.JPG0,000 miles. What is the official service time as the state of it surprised me?  

for me your piccy seems to obliterate most of your text sadly

I found in olden times an air filter would last 2 years motoring, about 20/25k miles

These past few years the air quality has gotten so bad that it NEEDS changing each and every year 

Malc

Sorry, Just saw the picture. I was saying I planned to hoover out the 9 month 10,000 miles on the old filter, but it was very bad, I replaced it. 

I have checked the service book and Lexus say every 4 years or 30,000 miles which ever comes first. Heaven knows what it would look like then. Toyota said my old Prius was every 40,000 miles. I agree the air seems poorer and maybe ever 10,000 miles is becoming the new norm. Also, a big V8 must suck in much more air than a 1.6 liter engine, so one Lexus size fits all seems crazy.,

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links