Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New IS300h

On 6/21/2019 at 10:50 AM, noby76 said:

That's still a rip off considering it works out just over £450 a year..

£450 is an expensive oil/filter change and visual check considering it does not include changing your brakes and Tyres if they are worn as those will be extra charge if needed.

It may not be: what Graham does not tell us is his annual mileage. The £38 may cover more than one service per year.

1 hour ago, DanD said:

It may not be: what Graham does not tell us is his annual mileage. The £38 may cover more than one service per year.

even two services a year at £225 for visual check and oil change is still rip off but hey dealers are there to make money not a charity so i do understand.. ☺️

• Like 1

I'm on a 3 year PCP, it was my understanding I ha e to have a Lexus dealer service my car as part of the contract. 

Maybe they saw me coming, but when I asked about the cost of the first 3 years servicing the Sevice contract was the better deal. 

It's not for everyone, it worked for me.  I only thought this was better value for money than an overpriced clean and polish. 

On 7/5/2019 at 7:00 PM, Gramate said:

I'm on a 3 year PCP, it was my understanding I ha e to have a Lexus dealer service my car as part of the contract. 

someone correct me if i'm wrong but is this not what the EU Motor Block Exemption set out to prevent? 

quote from below article.

"Prior to 2003, automobile owners in the EU region risked nullifying their vehicle warranties when the vehicles were serviced or repaired in workshops not belonging to the vehicle manufacturer or its dealers. This barrier was broken in October 2003, when the European Commission (EC) passed the Block Exemption Regulation law allowing vehicle owners the freedom of having their servicing and repairs done at their chosen workshop."

https://pagid.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/TMD1331-Block-Exemption-Sheet.pdf

of course nothing against using Lexus Dealer if that's what you want but i dont think you had to use them if you didn't want to for annual oil changes and visual checks. in order to keep your warranty

On 7/5/2019 at 7:00 PM, Gramate said:

Maybe they saw me coming, but when I asked about the cost of the first 3 years servicing the Sevice contract was the better deal. 

It's not for everyone, it worked for me.  I only thought this was better value for money than an overpriced clean and polish. 

What, exactly, does your contract state?

9 minutes ago, noby76 said:

someone correct me if i'm wrong but is this not what the EU Motor Block Exemption set out to prevent? 

quote from below article.

"Prior to 2003, automobile owners in the EU region risked nullifying their vehicle warranties when the vehicles were serviced or repaired in workshops not belonging to the vehicle manufacturer or its dealers. This barrier was broken in October 2003, when the European Commission (EC) passed the Block Exemption Regulation law allowing vehicle owners the freedom of having their servicing and repairs done at their chosen workshop."

https://pagid.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/TMD1331-Block-Exemption-Sheet.pdf

of course nothing against using Lexus Dealer if that's what you want but i dont think you had to use them if you didn't want to for annual oil changes and visual checks. in order to keep your warranty

Only applies to manufacturer warranty.

Doesn't apply to PCP because it's a separate contract and its the finance companies vehicle, not yours so they can state that they want Lexus history or they'll reduce the Final value etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links