Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Worn seats on 2015 GS300H F Sport

Hi guys. Am looking to buy a used 2015 GS, and am worried about it's worn seats (and the ripped door sill). Do these look normal to you? Should I be worried? Easily refurbished? Any thoughts much appreciated.

20190621_115121.jpg

20190621_115138.jpg

20190621_115205.jpg

Hi Sam,

Just my opinion, but I am not sure I would accept buying a car with seats like that after only 3 years and 60k miles.

The damage to the seat and door leather is easily done, but it would annoy me nonetheless.

What's interesting, unless I am mistaken, the wear in the 3rd picture is the outside of the passengers seat?  If so, then it is a bit unusual if the drivers seat in the one without the damage.

As for repair, I can't imagine it would be easy or cheap to get it fixed, but I haven't investigated it properly, so perhaps a more knowledgeable member can answer that one.

I suppose it would also depend on the condition of the rest of the car, so how does the rest look?

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the replies. Car is 4 years old, but yeah, still shouldn't happen imho.

The rest of it is pretty spotless. Unfortunately it is not a lexus used approved, but does have a full lexus service history and is being sold by a reputable garage.

There is actually more wear to the right hand side of the driver seat, just didn't get a pic of it. The pics posted are the worst of it.

Ex taxi. Hmm...never thought of that! I just figured it was owned by a heavy couple!

I think I still like the car, so it's really a question of repair. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

From memory I seem to recollect that the rose colour leather is prone to showing premature wear. Certainly have read about that on the forum, but can't remember what models. Certainly F Sport seats are more prone to wear than the standard models due to the shape. 

To me I think that this amount of wear would make me walk away as I would never be happy living with that amount of damage. 

I am sure you will find the right car out there. I had a 2015 pre face-lift GS300h Luxury and it was a fabulous car. 

8 minutes ago, olliesgrandad said:

From memory I seem to recollect that the rose colour leather is prone to showing premature wear. Certainly have read about that on the forum, but can't remember what models. Certainly F Sport seats are more prone to wear than the standard models due to the shape. 

To me I think that this amount of wear would make me walk away as I would never be happy living with that amount of damage. 

I am sure you will find the right car out there. I had a 2015 pre face-lift GS300h Luxury and it was a fabulous car. 

Would love to walk away, but there are just none  of these around for cheap! My thoughts are to get it cheaper due to wear, and then get it repaired.

Typical damages made bye people wearing trousers with metal button on their back… I always keep back pockets open to avoid buttons scratching.

1 minute ago, Zotto said:

Typical damages made bye people wearing trousers with metal button on their back… I always keep back pockets open to avoid buttons scratching.

So think the car was used to film a 50 shades of red type film... 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links