Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aircon not very cold?

16 hours ago, jpower said:

UPDATE: So the car is back with me, work was all done and I feel a whole lot better.

My latest email from Halfords said that our stores are aware not to recharge Hybrid vehicles.  If any is passing a Halfords and happens to have a spare couple of minutes, it would be quite interesting to see if this is really true at the store level.

Glad to hear it's all been sorted out. I hope Halfords paid the full cost.

But if untrained store staff use the recommendation on the Halfords website, they'll still end up selling and perhaps topping up air con gas with the wrong and dangerous product.

I've tried putting the model details of a couple of Lexus hybrid cars into the recommendation page and it still comes back with the wrong product.

Although the detailed information pages and the products themselves are marked that this product must not be used on hybrid cars, some people may not read that far. They've already had the recommendation from Halfords. Why read further? The staff member you dealt with didn't read what it said on the canister. In fact, they may not have even known what a hybrid car is.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, jpower said:

Compresser was taken out along with the receiver and expansion vessel. They had a dryer ordered from Lexus. The system was then flushed and the compressor was then cleaned up of any oil, they mentioned the windings looked good and seemed not to have been contaminated as yet. Then was all put back together a new receiver unit was put in. Then dye test, no leaks, followed by gas and oil that should go in the system. That's as detailed as my knowledge goes. 

Well done mate, good result.

• 3 weeks later...

Ouch....

I'm building a new Aldi, and there's a Halfords close by. I keep seeing Mercedes, BMW's, Jaguar's, Lexus vehicles pulled up outside with someone from Halfords pulling the dashboard apart fitting dash cams, and I always think, you know, you have a car there worth almost the price of a half decent motorhome and you are taking it to Halfords to have work done?

I would hate to be the insurance underwriter, these staff are not technicians, they are shop keepers and shelf stackers.

Just now, Lost it said:

I would hate to be the insurance underwriter, these staff are not technicians, they are shop keepers and shelf stackers.

Depends what you're having done. Their £3 bulb change has been a bargain for me many times when I couldn't figure out how to do it myself.

I watched them physically pull a Merc headlight off the front of the car once to change a side lamp. They hadn't noticed it was an LED type unit. The customer was hopping, but he took it there...

• 1 year later...
On 6/24/2019 at 10:16 AM, Herbie said:

You can check the level of refrigerant by looking at the sight glass and compare to this:

ref.thumb.png.aaa5013dbc66eba46799c3e8679be825.png

Hi is the picture above for the sight glass for an Rx400h? I can’t seem to find mine??

4 hours ago, aeroelastic said:

Hi is the picture above for the sight glass for an Rx400h? I can’t seem to find mine??

No, the car in question in this thread was an RX450h.

The RX400h diagram is here:

2021-07-14.thumb.png.fcf4501db5345d0f9fb69cb9e3462bc6.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1