Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nos

SteveAudioX

lol,  i think anything will beat mine at the moment,

just you wait stevie boy,, just you wait....  oh and as for an auto box.. well theres valve body upgrade things,,

and a High stall torque converter ;)

hmm i like that...err whatever it is..lol.

now if only i can get my hands on some tech drawings for the US spec turbo manifolds..

just you wait stevie boy,, just you wait....  oh and as for an auto box.. well theres valve body upgrade things,,

now if only i can get my hands on some tech drawings for the US spec turbo manifolds..

Will your IS be sponsored by saga ? :driving:

Not technical drawings but you can get a good idea from these pictures:

apexi.gif

6spdN.gif

Hi Dave..

Welcome me to your Club.

I have just secured a purchase for my Nos kit.

Same make of kit as yours .. Thanks for testing it for me :)

11lb silver bottle, 50bhp jets,mini max progressive controller,goodridge braded hosing for nos lines etc..

See you in my rear view mirror Paul :D

Just to add...

I purchased my kit from Mark at MD Autostyling. The whole thing went smoothly and Mark offers some smashing deals and is very technical minded.

Judging from seeing Dave's install. I am going to install this kit myself and let you know the results, I have many pointers from Dave already and have a special frabrication company I am going to use for something special...

Will post up pictures soon..

What made you decide on this kit rather than a kit from one of the bigger names (e.g. Zex?) I'm considering a Zex wet-kit (can get one - new for 300 pounds) with the bottle bracket 50 extra:

400-400-82011-001.jpeg

b5_1.JPG

SAGA dave....im lost..

thanks Keiran,, but i think i really will need some dimensions, so that i can take the drawings to tdi and ask them if it will fit..

They should be able to work it out from the pictures, the manifold has a mounting for a T04 turbo, should be able to make a good guess at the other dimension from that.

lg_isturbo3.jpg

I'd say from the mounted picture that the heatshield for the turbo will be in the way, the turbo itself looks ok but close, the down pipe will be close again.

lg_isturbo7.jpg

lg_isturbo10.jpg

Kieran I did look into the Zex kit's when it was introduced to me from Yemgi.

However, They were not proven back then, I do not know how reliable they are nor shared any real experiences with the Zex stuff.

In comparison, Dave has the same kit I just brought and he has had many trouble free miles from it.

That to me is more then enough to justify it's a good reliable kit, built well ( If installed well ) which Dave's kit is.

Plus on the up side... There are more and more dealers selling the Kit I have brought then the Zex kits as for technical support etc.... Thats why I chose this system..

Just my 2 pence worth. Someone will probally come along and prove me wrong one day ...perhaps.

I have also recently read a report not so good on the Zex kit... Can forward you this if you wish.

Kieran I did look into the Zex kit's when it was introduced to me from Yemgi.

However, They were not proven back then, I do not know how reliable they are nor shared any real experiences with the Zex stuff.

In comparison, Dave has the same kit I just brought and he has had many trouble free miles from it.

That to me is more then enough to justify it's a good reliable kit, built well ( If installed well ) which Dave's kit is.

Plus on the up side... There are more and more dealers selling the Kit I have brought then the Zex kits as for technical support etc.... Thats why I chose this system..

Just my 2 pence worth. Someone will probally come along and prove me wrong one day ...perhaps.

I have also recently read a report not so good on the Zex kit... Can forward you this if you wish.

I'd be interested in seeing the report if you can find it. I'm not really sure if the Zex kit would work in the IS200 anyway, it requires a vacuum ported fuel pressure regulator - anyone know what this is? and does the IS have one??

Are you planning to install the kit yourself? If so a workshop article would be great!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links