Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Air con compressor

Hi all,

so my air con compressor has packed in and needs replacing, the noise it’s making sounds like metal vibrating around when the engine is on and the air con is off or on. I can see the pully has seized too. Car drives fine but sounds awful 😥

Has anyone had this issue and what was the cost to get it repaired. Have seen a Denso compressor on eBay £345 so not sure if that’s a good deal or not and get a garage to fit it? 

Regards

joel 

• 5 months later...

On 6/25/2019 at 9:22 PM, joelfigueira said:

Hi all,

so my air con compressor has packed in and needs replacing, the noise it’s making sounds like metal vibrating around when the engine is on and the air con is off or on. I can see the pully has seized too. Car drives fine but sounds awful 😥

Has anyone had this issue and what was the cost to get it repaired. Have seen a Denso compressor on eBay £345 so not sure if that’s a good deal or not and get a garage to fit it? 

Regards

joel 

Hi all,

to give an update Lexus Teeside fitted the part for me and advised it’s the same one that they use just cost cheaper. Lexus Teeside actually called me a few days after fitting it and asked where I got the compressor from as they had another customer needing a compressor for a LS and wanted to save the customer some money. 

Hi all,

to give an update Lexus Teeside fitted the part for me and advised it’s the same one that they use just cost cheaper. Lexus Teeside actually called me a few days after fitting it and asked where I got the compressor from as they had another customer needing a compressor for a LS and wanted to save the customer some money. 

So a main dealer fitted a part you supplied?  That's unusual I would have thought.

So a main dealer fitted a part you supplied?  That's unusual I would have thought.

I was really surprised as at first they quoted me £1,200 for the part and fitting. When i said i can get the same part for cheaper they were happy to fit and just charge me labour, the service guys said they are happy to do this as it keeps there guys busy and they still get business. 

11 minutes ago, joelfigueira said:

No harm in asking I suppose, I just know Teeside Lexus were really helpful much better than Newcastle Lexus dealer and was worth the extra miles going to Teesside

We used to have a Lexus dealer just 6 miles away but they closed a few years ago, now the closest is at the best an hour's drive.

On 12/16/2019 at 4:25 PM, The-Acre said:

A good result!  I wonder if they would have fitted an unknown brand or a recon unit. 

There may be exceptions but it's not uncommon. If a customer asks us to fit a part they've supplied we just like to make sure they understand that we can't guarantee the part for them.

As Joel said, it keeps the techs busy!

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, LexusPartsDirect said:

There may be exceptions but it's not uncommon. If a customer asks us to fit a part they've supplied we just like to make sure they understand that we can't guarantee the part for them.

As Joel said, it keeps the techs busy!

Thats correct, the part itself has a guarantee from the place i got it from so i am happy its covered by them, and YES Lexus Teeside advised me that its not covered by them.