Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What can cause the intermittent regen when braking, I can put my foot lightly on the brake pedal and nothing happens i.e no regen, re-apply the brakes and then get full regen. There are no faults showing on my reader and hybrid assistant says everything is working OK. Any ideas.

I as understand it, if you brake heavily then regen isn't as high/used at all as the hydraulic brakes are used.

If you aren't going fast enough, then the hydraulic brakes are used.

Also consider that if your traction Battery is fully charged or has a high charge state, then less regen will occur.

Otherwise the vehicle should regen pretty well.

There's a nifty gadget you can install on your phone called 'Hybrid Assistant' that shows you when regen and/or brake are being used.

1 hour ago, Farqui said:

There's a nifty gadget you can install on your phone called 'Hybrid Assistant' that shows you when regen and/or brake are being used.

Got Hybrid assistant, also occasionally if I go over a bump while slowing down the regen stops until I re-apply the brakes. Hybrid assistant is good but it's a pain to use as I have to make sure that I unplug the OBD reader or the car lights up like a Christmas tree when I restart it. 

Curious, I've not had an issue but I don't leave the OBD plugged in.

If regen stops over a bump then perhaps the braking system/ABS is kicking in and then reverts to purely hydraulic braking?

I as understand it, if you brake heavily then regen isn't as high/used at all as the hydraulic brakes are used.
If you aren't going fast enough, then the hydraulic brakes are used.
Also consider that if your traction battery is fully charged or has a high charge state, then less regen will occur.
Otherwise the vehicle should regen pretty well.

You don’t need an app.. the screen in the car shows you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk