Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

eS F Sport - Display in middle of tacho dial...can I customise it?

Sloth

Hi, I'm getting my new ES300h F Sport (Takumi pack) in a couple of weeks or so but have a question I can't seem to find an answer on regarding the driver multi-info display.

It's the information displayed in the middle of the main tacho/speedo dial, not the info at the side when I move the dial over.

Basically I want to see average MPG and range on the same screen but can't seem to do it?

I can get range with average MPH which I don't want or need...or care about but with average MPG.

Can I customise the display to choose which data i want displayed on each screen (as I scroll through them, particularly the main default screen in the middle of the dial.

Can anyone help and does this even make sense? :ermm:

Oh and while I'm here...can I disable the welcome sound/goodbye sound when I turn on or off the main ignition button...it's annoying.

Same with the seat belt warning tone, it goes off when there's even a bit if weight on the seat and drives me nuts. Do I have to keep the seat belts fastened when I put anything on the seats or is there a way to turn the seat belt warning sound off?

10 hours ago, Eggie said:

Lack of responses may be because not many members have the ES. So not many if any know.  Hope you get the info.

Hi Tony, I understand but I thought that perhaps the system was very similar if not the same as models that have been out a while?

Im not aware that the system on the ES is a totally new system? I stand to be corrected though.

8 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

If it is possible the options will be documented in the owner's handbook.

Have you downloaded the handbook?

Hi Peter, I have but can't find anything, although to be honest I don't find it particularly easy to reference, perhaps I'm just being dim.

I'll look again.

1 hour ago, Sloth said:

Hi Peter, I have but can't find anything, although to be honest I don't find it particularly easy to reference, perhaps I'm just being dim.

I'll look again.

Try pages 123-125 but I must admit it's not easily understood without sitting in the car and pressing buttons!

Looking at the summary table on page 505 Drive Information 1 can display fuel consumption data and Drive Information 2 can display mileage data. It's not clear if one can mix and match data across screens. It would be interesting to see if one changes the displayed info in the bigger side screen is it reflected in the 'in-dial' screen?

Really need to sit in the car and play (something I'm looking forward to as my new RC is now at the dealership!)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh and while I'm here...can I disable the welcome sound/goodbye sound when I turn on or off the main ignition button...it's annoying.

Same with the seat belt warning tone, it goes off when there's even a bit if weight on the seat and drives me nuts. Do I have to keep the seat belts fastened when I put anything on the seats or is there a way to turn the seat belt warning sound off?

That could possibly be done with OBD adaptor and Carista, unfo their web page is not showing available customisation for ES so would not know until plugged in. Possibly somebody in your area has the app and could help you when you get the car. If you are from Manchester and would like to try give me a shout.