Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone know this ISF?

Although I quit looking for an ISF [within budget] last year and bought a Forester STi instead, I do still keep my eye on the market as I'd still like to own an ISF one day.

Just spotted this one - https://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/IS-F/IS-F-50-qxb2jan - seems a decent price, as it's from a Lexus dealer. Just wondering if it's a 'forum known' car? I noticed it's missing an exhaust trim. Why haven't they replaced it?!

There's also this one at another Midlands Lexus dealer - https://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/IS-F/50-Very-Rare-Car-jjb2d8b - same[ish] ages and miles but an extra £2k....so is the red one priced low or the white one over-priced?

Ta.

White...  Every day of the week 🙂

exhaust trim not being replaced on red one...  I am fairly sure these trims just aren't available anymore.  Lexus Cheltenham gave me £300 off an extended warranty in exchange for one side of exhaust trims that were 10 years old.  The other side I gave away before I realised their true value.

You can get copies from the States but they look odd.  That and you want to put an aftermarket exhaust on it anyway 🙂  

• Like 1

I think the exhaust tail pipes are still listed by Lexus here in the UK (I enquired a few months ago) but at over £400 each side may explain why they haven't replaced it yet.  I would demand it replaced at any purchase price from any dealer if I was a buyer. Maybe they have it on order? Another reason could be that they are a right pig to fit without taking the entire rear valance off as they are bolted to the back it) I faffed for hours in an attempt to just take the tail pipes off for a thorough clean (sad I know) but gave up in the end.  But as a tip to anyone with an older ISF check the two bolts you can see are still there and tight as you don't want your tailpipes falling off.

Im biased but white is clearly the best colour IMHO :tongue_smilie:  

Guys I don’t have either of these cars in my database, but have added them now, this picture may help some of what an isF exhaust looks like from ‘the inside’......

B80D3F17-47E2-4A46-9FF5-B4BDAE3A8F55.thumb.jpeg.dcf8f00621955a9b5bb0024c7505bdc3.jpeg

Big Rat

36 minutes ago, Mattmech said:

Was the red one not mentioned on here a little while ago? If so it’s been knocking around a few dealers.

might be a nice low mileage black one up for sale soon 😳 !!

You buying mine then Matt? Lol. 😉😎

48 minutes ago, Peter P18 said:

You buying mine then Matt? Lol. 😉😎

I’m sure the pull in yours is something else Pete, can’t understand why it wasn’t snapped up.

have a need for a sports bike again.  Tempted in a year or so to look at an f10 m5 with a good warranty!

dont get the use at the moment, working all week tied up with the kids most weekends!

20 hours ago, Big Rat said:

Guys I don’t have either of these cars in my database, but have added them now, this picture may help some of what an isF exhaust looks like from ‘the inside’......

B80D3F17-47E2-4A46-9FF5-B4BDAE3A8F55.thumb.jpeg.dcf8f00621955a9b5bb0024c7505bdc3.jpeg

Big Rat

I did wonder if you had any info on the red one...damn!

19 hours ago, Tobester said:

Tell me more Matt?!  As it happens, I’m also in a Forester STi at the moment but have V8 itch..

You're also West Midlands base! I've only ever seen one other Foz on the road...I wonder if it was you?!

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 5:32 PM, Mattmech said:

Was the red one not mentioned on here a little while ago? If so it’s been knocking around a few dealers.

might be a nice low mileage black one up for sale soon 😳 !!

No, that red one from a while ago is YT12MJY and has been moved in the trade again and on sale with yet another dealer in Halesowen Birmingham. (on motors.co.uk) The fact that one ISF sells in one day and this one has been roaming round the trade for about a year now tells its own story. 

• Like 1

Yup dont buy an ISF if you ever might need to move it on quickly!

Surprises me sometimes though, what else offers this level of ability and reliability other than something from the same stable? Every dog has its day and I think this cars might yet be to come, when we reach the point where m3's and RS4's of the same era are terrifying ownership prospects. In fact we are all but there really, who would buy a 100k example of either of these cars?!

• Like 1

I expect Sytner will be pushing my old 100k FLSH example out via the trade at some point soon... Apparently it's too leggy for them to do themselves.

• Like 1

My old silver one is back up for sale on eBay I see . He hasn’t had that long . Bet the gearbox is playing up again and Lexus won’t replace it under warranty . 

27 minutes ago, Connor said:

My old silver one is back up for sale on eBay I see . He hasn’t had that long . Bet the gearbox is playing up again and Lexus won’t replace it under warranty

What was the gearbox doing?

20 hours ago, Connor said:

My old silver one is back up for sale on eBay I see . He hasn’t had that long . Bet the gearbox is playing up again and Lexus won’t replace it under warranty . 

Is it on a different reg plate?

On 7/1/2019 at 6:14 PM, d3ron said:

What was the gearbox doing?

It lost all its fluid because of a burst pipe in the main rad . There’s a post I put on here last year about it . Burnt the clutches so needs a rebuild or new . Lexus put a ten quid tube of anti shudder in it after I spent 3 grand on a new torque converter and took out a warranty . When it shuddered again and slipped in auto mode they took it in and under warranty put that tube of crap in it trying to get out of fitting a new box . It wasn’t right when I sold it but I had had enough of being messed around and fobbed off .